TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

T-90G-1C N1

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walt 65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: T-90G-1C N1
    Posted: Nov/21/2015 at 2:35pm
Hi, I have a 1965 Rambler Classic 660 2dr sedan, It has a 327, 3 spd, I bought a new clutch kit for it,10.50" Before I got into putting it back together I thought I would test fit the pilot bearing and TO bearing on the shaft to make sure they fit only to find everything is a smaller inside diameter. I have a t90 out of a six cylinder car and I tested it on that and everything fit perfect. One trans has a N1 (my car) on the casting, the other trans has a N2. So my question is Do I have a heavy Duty jeep trans in my car or something like that and if so what Clutch kit do I really need. The shaft on my trans is 10 inches long an about 1- 1/2" in diameter and the pilot bearing end is about 13/16 diameter. The TO bearing is about 1- 1/2" taller.PN1752-1 ROA .The bolt pattern on the pressure plate is perfect but it is also shorter. Any help would be great. Thank you.
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2015 at 3:26pm
If I"m not mistaken, a six cylinder car should have a T-96 which is a light duty transmission.  Look closely on the casting of the six cylinder tranny.
Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
Walt 65 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walt 65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/21/2015 at 4:58pm
From what Im reading I might have a T90 J model. Maybe from a Willys station wagon.
Walt 65 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Walt 65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/27/2015 at 10:08pm
I figured it all out, not easy but very cool.Come on summer!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic