TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC 6 Cylinder Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

84 Eagle ignition setting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEdmonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2015 at 9:54pm
Yeah - drove it today - not far, just backed it out of the garage and parked it over to the side. I LIKE THIS CAR.....even if the rear end sounds like a blender full of rocks.....
amcfool1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcfool1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2015 at 12:40am
hi, fsjunkie, love your car, believe it or not, mine is the same color, called "Deep Night Blue" code D2, i believe. i also have the same valve cover, $99. from 4wdr hardware. A friend of mine up the street has the exact same car as yours! (mine is a sedan). He bought it for less than a thousand bucks, 'cause it was going to the junkyard due to a bad transmission, well he had the trans redone, also about $1000., and now has a near perfect Deep Night Blue 84 Eagle Wagon, LTD, interior just like yours, minus the console. (mine is base model, sigh...), for about $2500. I helped him replace the original plastic valve cover on it, check out www.yourcovers.com , and look for the AMC/Jeep 258 valve cover. This one is not cheap!, but it's made in America, and is a real high quality piece, cost about 2 1/2 times what I paid for mine! The two really cool things about it are: 1)screw in billet oil cap with o-ring seal (NO LEAKS EVER!), and 2) it's designed to NOT need drilling and tapping on the drivers side (where the problem of drilling into water is), so, though you still have to tap 3 holes on the pass. side, it's as close to a "bolt-on" as an aluminum valve cover for the 258 will ever get, took us most of a whole day to get that sucker in though, almost like work! Anyway, nice Eagle, if you need some emissions parts #s, just ask, before I forget 'em!good luck, gz
george z
amcfool1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amcfool1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/05/2015 at 1:31am
hi. billd, about those sport wheel center caps, you are so right, mine are all there, but also scuffed and (mildly) dented, but, all the fastening points are there, so, not concours, but, well, that is so far out of my league I don't really worry about it. And yes, I also spent HOURS, per wheel, with 0000 steel wool and aluminum polish, and vinegar, and buffing pads, and semigloss black paint, and masking, and...and..whew. Almost like work! Pause... ok, just looked at my center caps, worse than I thought, but, it's what I have to work with. I may be able to polish them up some, but NO way to de scratch'em AMC part # SF 3251346. At least they are correct to the wheels, no black in the cap. 
As for the fender extensions, Keep your house! Yes they really are new/still in the package, but.. they are for a 4dr sedan, AFAIK, your SX4 uses a unique rear extension, not the same as a sedan or wagon, making yours the rarest of the rare. The fronts I believe are the same.
Anyway, it's been an interesting thread, hasn't it?, even brought a whole new Eagle into the mix. Let' see what that young man does with his! My Eagle #2 is running, life is good. gz
george z
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic