TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Restoration facts, question and answer. > Part Numbers, AMC Parts ID and cross-references
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

3223021 radiator hose fits???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 3223021 radiator hose fits???
    Posted: Aug/10/2015 at 7:34pm
I have what I believe is a NOS hose, at least it has the AMC marks and part number, I got probably 10 years ago. It has P/N 3223021 on it. It's a longer version of my 70 Javelin top hose. If the radiator on my 70 was 3 or so inches farther from the engine this hose would fit.

What was this hose REALLY for? 
My book is inconclusive, it doesn't give a model, just 3 numbers separated by dashes and they don't match AMC car series numbers like 70 or 10, etc.

Thanks
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2015 at 8:28am
No one with good parts listings or price lists?

I'll see if it happens to fit the later Javelin - will be easy enough to hold up to the car and check, but would be nice to know as if it won't fit that car, it's going to get sold. I doubt I'll ever have any other cars it might fit.
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2015 at 8:34am
Doesn't show up in my parts book. What are the numbers that show up in yours?
AMO Newsletter Editor
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2015 at 8:44am
The hose number 3223021 is in the book I got in Ohio - but it doesn't give car model, just some other numbers that aren't car models and I couldn't find any reference to those numbers and what they mean.
I believe it was 3 other 2 digit numbers, definitely not model or series like 10, 40 or 70, etc.
That number was under the 74 year. I wasn't able to determine for 73 either as where it said 73 it didn't have the car series or model but I think it was the number 16, and AMC didn't ever make a 16 series or model car - to my knowledge, limited as it is......
I should have take a photo of that part of that page.

It is identical to the 70 Javelin upper hose except the hose is extended in length in the middle, as if it fit a Javelin with the radiator ahead 2 or so more inches. The angles and rest of the hose were an exact match, but the middle straight/long section was longer. If I were to move my engine back, or the radiator forward a couple of inches in the 70 it would be a perfect fit.
kirkwood View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kirkwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2015 at 9:34am
16 is the series/model. 10 series is matador, and 16 is a matador 2-door sedan. The second number tells the body style within the series.
AMO Newsletter Editor
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/14/2015 at 10:12am
I scoured that book twice looking for any hint of what the other numbers meant and there was nothing in there at all other than the basic model. But I have found there are things not there that were in other books I've seen and references to things I never found.
I've actually found similar things - gaps in info, missing stuff, with with 3 different parts books though so it's not uncommon.

It's been a few days since I actually looked in any book or the disk that's so hard to use so I need to look again. I never did find what hose the 73 should have.
That's what I was aiming for since the car was almost 40 minutes away - and if I found the hose didn't fit the Javelin, it was going up for sale.
IF it fit, I was going to take it with me and swap and get rid of that junky "will fit anything including your air-cooled airplane engine" hose.
Can you tell I dislike those hoses?

It would not surprise me one bit to find that number hose fits Matador.
One could park an SX4 in the space ahead of the engine in those cars. (Not dissing them, they are cool cars. The length gave them some personality and "we go fast with luxury" look to me.)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic