TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - AMC LONE STAR REGIONAL, OCT 3, 2015, HOUSTON, TX
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMC LONE STAR REGIONAL, OCT 3, 2015, HOUSTON, TX - Event Date: Oct/03/2015

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: AMC LONE STAR REGIONAL, OCT 3, 2015, HOUSTON, TX
    Posted: Jul/22/2015 at 2:55pm
Hello to everyone out in AMC land!  We are a go for the 2015 AMC Lone Star Regional to be held October 3rd from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Carriage Clubhouse, 3210 Bingle, Houston, TX 77055.  This is a family friendly event open to all AMC, Rambler, Jeep, Nash, Hudson vehicles through 1988 in any condition.  This is a show and shine event with awards including Best Project, Long Distance (traveled by participant to the event), Carriage Clubhouse Favorite.  No harsh judging.  For those of you who missed out on the East TX AMC Cruise-In back in June due to the weather, here's your second chance for the year to come out and have a great time with the Texas AMC community, see old friends, meet new friends and make great new contacts in the AMC community.  For more information on the event please contact Tom Taylor 713-249-2466, tom.taylor@c-a-m.com or Tim Gould 281-786-9788, trex6622@yahoo.com.  I'm including the show flyer and a link to the flyer just in case.  Be sure to come out and support the last American independent.
Link to show flyer:
Looking forward to seeing everyone there,
Reagan

Edited by BayshoreBlues - Jul/23/2015 at 9:28am
Once owned'70 Donohue 360 :(
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
'74/'75 Wagoneer 401 project(s)
'74 Javelin 401 very late (the last?) built.
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
tedjr1 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tedjr1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/23/2015 at 9:22am
Cannot wait to see everyone at the show!

Also note there will be a Food Truck on site.

jeffsclassics View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffsclassics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2015 at 4:09pm
Hey Reagan,
Looking forward to the Regional!  I'm trying to get my 401/4-speed buttoned up in time to drive my '71 Javelin.  A little hung up on trying to rebuild my Hurst shifter, and still need to order a few important parts (oil pan, for instance Smile).  I'll be there either way, but hopefully I'll be arriving in my project '71.

And for the first time since about 1995 it's actually close to my house!

See ya
Jeff
BayshoreBlues View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2015 at 5:35pm
Alrighty folks, we're only a little over two weeks away from the Lone Star Regional.  Time to get those fluids changed and tires rotated (where applicable Wink).  I want to remind everyone that this is a free event, but you can help sponsor it.  Kevin Dalley is in charge of t-shirts for the event and prices are set tentatively at $15.  All proceeds go toward offsetting the club's expenses in hosting the show.   Contact Kevin at amxamc@aol.com to place your order and don't delay.  We hope to see everyone there and remember also, it doesn't have to shine like a show car.  Shoot, it doesn't even have to run under its' own power.  Trailer your project out and let everyone check it out.  Who knows, you may leave with an award for it.
Reagan
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
jeffsclassics View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeffsclassics Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2015 at 7:54am
OK, the 401 probably won't be in the Javelin by October 3rd, but I did install the 4-speed and the 304 is still in there so I'll be there with an extra gear but the same number of cubic inches, haha!

I hope guys are bringing parts, I'm looking for some pulleys, a differential, and some other stuff.  Plus I just love sifting through ued parts looking for that diamond in the rough...

I'll start spiffing my Javelin up this weekend, looking forward to the 3rd!
Jeff
Jeff
'71 Javelin SST, driving project since 1990
AMC Okie View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMC Okie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/27/2015 at 3:54pm
Any pics of the show some can post? Or if they have where are they?
BayshoreBlues View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BayshoreBlues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/02/2015 at 4:07pm
My apologies for the delay in replying, but yes, there are some pics from the event posted on the AMC of Houston club website.  Here is a link:
http://www.amcofhouston.org/2015%20TLSR.htm

I took all of my pics on my iphone and need to resize them before posting here, but I had already done this one for my AMC e-mail newsletter and did a couple more very quickly to include here.  This was an awesome opportunity shot that sadly didn't occur to me to set-up until folks had started leaving and another club member that is also an original owner that had attended with his car had left, so is not pictured here (Barry Blue and his '74 AMX).  Pictured are original owners Tom Taylor, Larry Roberts and Allen Baker.  And no, Tom doesn't usually park sideways in handicap spots, but he made a brief exception for this photo op Wink

And who doesn't like a friendly Gremlin greeting them to the show?

We also had 4 Nash in attendance and here are three of them together.

Everyone had a great time and our Long Distance winner, Mel Epling, even drove over 670 miles one way to be there.  Other winners were:
People's Choice: Ron Stein's beautiful 1947 Nash Ambassador Suburban Woody
Ladies Choice: Don Jones' 1970 Rebel Machine
Best Project: Jeff Gunn's 1971 Javelin
Carriage Clubhouse Choice: Lee Brown's 1946 Nash Ambassador
Look forward to seeing everyone here in Lufkin this spring for the East TX AMC Cruise-In and again next year for the Lone Star Regional.
Reagan

Edited by BayshoreBlues - Nov/02/2015 at 4:10pm
Now '72 Jav w/94K
'70 Jav (major project)
’85 Mustang GT 5spd
'68 AMX project
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic