TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

SCCA Javelin Racing HIstory

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 401MATCOUPE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SCCA Javelin Racing HIstory
    Posted: Jul/14/2015 at 7:26pm
Just found the year end results from 1980 when my brother Lee and I (helper), raced his 73 Javelin, he bought the car with very low mileage in 1975 as a sleeper.  Olympic Blue, Wide Side Stripe, Blue Interior, Hubcaps, 360, 4 Barrel, 4 speed, 3.54 posi.  Very nice car, but as things went in the day, it quickly acquired a .030 over size 401, with R4B, Holley 750.  ET Slots front and rear and Lee Manhandler. Tire..E60-15 up front and L50-15 in the rear with help of some high jackers....and Trendsetter Side Pipes...ribbed covers, not the slotted ones like on 68-70 AMX/Javelin.  In 1979 our next door neighbor was racing a Bugeye Sprite and got us to go to the Harrisburg Farm Arena Parking lot on Sunday Morning to watch..we were hooked.  The ET's had to go to Factory 15" 8 slot Rallye's and Goodyear's, F60-15 all the way around, Koni's on all 4 corners, and a Group 19 Detroit Locker, right from the dealer. Addco Bar Pack front and rear....with the 3.54 gears you only needed 1st gear from the 2.23 first trans.  Lee did a great job as a first year driver....we kept changing suspension bits, I made all the sway bar pivots and end link parts from aluminum.............made for a really rough ride home!!  But really helped tie it down for the course.

Here is the year end summary, we ran in "Prepared 2" Class, but I made a copy of the majority of cars in every class.  Only AMC in the field!!  And the times are very close on all the cars except Formula and Modified Classes.  It was all for fun, not money and the guy that ran first in a 240Z car was shaving new Goodyears every two weeks!!!  

I'll post the times another day...but check out the cars in the field.
Ross K. Peterson
68X,GoPac,343,AT,52A(1stCar)
68X,GoPac,390,4sp,52A
69X,GoPac,390,4sp,64A
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,87A,8
70X,GoPac,390,4sp,BBO,8
70 Jav SST,390,AT,BSO
74MatX,401,AT,Prototype
74MatX,401,AT
GreggR View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreggR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2015 at 8:53pm
Nice, eclectic collection of iron... American, Japanese, German, British and Anglo-American hybrid... that must have been a riot...

No matter where you go, there you are... Buckaroo Banzai.'75 Hornet Hatchback
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic