TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1967 Ambassador Engine Removal and refresh'n

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jayramb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/17/2015 at 12:07am
My head cracked upon overhaul as well. Got another one off a 70's 360 head. Thank GOD!
Jayson Helenske
See my webiste! www.1967AMCRamblerRebel.weebly.com
Current Cars:
1967 Rambler Rebel 770 290 V8 4-barrel and Paint - Marina Aqua.
1966 MARLIN 327 V8 4 barrel and Paint-Med. Cortez Aqua
4eyes View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4eyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2016 at 7:19am
I am also looking for the correct engine paint color for my 67 Marlin 343 Typhoon V8. You mentioned galvins....do you have the website? It appears the original color is a copper...
george w View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george w Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2016 at 10:15am
I believe that several of the AMC vendors sell the 67 343 copper color in a spray can. The 290's were painted gold. The copper paint on the valve covers on my 67 DPL ( bought new ) started flaking off several months after I bought the car. The correct color copper paint wasn't even available back then in a spray can so I ended up painting the valve covers in black wrinkle paint much like the 340 Mopars of the era.

When refurbing the car this past year I elected to deviate from the copper and Ross painted my engine in the more common, readily available, EN-66 turquoise metallic. A much prettier color IMO. Not correct though !
Long time AMC fan. Ambassador 343, AMX 390, Hornet 360, Spirit 304 and Javelin 390. All but javelin bought new.
tom67 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tom67 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/29/2016 at 10:18am
http://www.ramblerparts.com/
Tom
1967 Ambassador DPL
AMO #10582
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic