TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1st time at the track

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toms68amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1st time at the track
    Posted: May/09/2015 at 11:12pm
had a great time at hardinburg race track today my 1st time on a tree and man am getting old and slow but still had a blast and the ole car made me proud lil 343 4spd 9.11 at 77 mph 1/8 track second run felt faster but some thing happen to time trail  bummer
new to the amx world always been a chevy guy always had a 1970 ss monte carlo but love this little 68 amx
toms68amx View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toms68amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2015 at 11:15pm
new to the amx world always been a chevy guy always had a 1970 ss monte carlo but love this little 68 amx
amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2015 at 11:57am
Nice job! Looking forward to getting my 70 back to the track (1/4) when it opens in a few weeks. I need to see what the new gears did to my times :)
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
toms68amx View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toms68amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2015 at 3:53pm
What gear are you running
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2015 at 3:57pm
I was running a 2.87 but have switched to a 3.31. Mine is a 360/auto with AC,PS,PB etc. Was running similar numbers to yours with the 2.87.
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
toms68amx View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toms68amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2015 at 6:38pm
Don't know for sure what gear I have but doing to old turn the drive shaft trick and counting it and at some point the guy before me had changed out the gear long ago I think it's a 373 posi I will soon pop the cover and found out for sure but the rest of the car is original other than having the group 19 cam lifters and other added 17 years ago when it was rebuilt that's a good thing any way the next I go to the track I think my buddy will drive it and will have a better reaction time that will help not a racer just want to know what the lil girl can do it's a nice driver and fun to play with that's really all I want out of it to drive it and take to local cruise ins and just have fun with it
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2015 at 10:50pm
reaction time makes no difference in the numbers your car ran. The time starts when the car breaks the beam of light.
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
toms68amx View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote toms68amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2015 at 8:12am
Well I didn't know that then I'll won't have to be so dam jumpy next time
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic