TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > General AMC chat > General AMC Chat Australian Edition
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - 3rd annual Australian AMC/Rambler show March 2016
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

3rd annual Australian AMC/Rambler show March 2016

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joehearse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/15/2016 at 10:33am
Hi,  was a great day on Sunday.  Worth the drive up from Melbourne for the day.  Cheers to all involved.  Great to see a large bunch of AMCs and so many Chrysler related cars in one place.  Will hopefully get up there again.  I own the hearse.  Cheers,  Joe.  er... I guess my online name says that anyway  Haha!  Smile
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2016 at 7:09am
Hi everyone. How is everyone enjoying winter? Unhappy Spring just around the corner thankfully Smile

A local Albury fella came out of the crowd at this years show and indicated he was importing a black AMX from the US. Well a few weeks back it came past me going the other way and what a neat car it is. In fact it looked as straight as you could get and from memory he said it had extremely low miles on it ie under 50,000 I think. Looking forward to seeing it up close at next years 4th annual AMC show here in Albury/Wodonga.

Talking of neat AMC coupes dont forget Allan Briggs with the 69AMX at this years show is organising an AMC coupe showcase at Melbourne's one and only "Federation Square" on Sunday August 28th (10.30am to 3pm) where a whole lot of people will be able to view some of the finest AMC coupe's that live downunder. The coupe's all formed up in Federation square will be a sight to see and to have them in the heart of Melbourne for so many people to look at will no doubt enlighten many to the AMC marque and also some of the best AMC coupes around. There are very limited spots remaining so if you have an AMC 2 door car of any model, ie Javelin/AMX/Hornet/Matador/Gremlin/Classic etc, you would like to display or would like more information don't hesitate to get involved and PM me and I can pass on Allan's contact details. Another great show for AMC's in Australia Smile

Edited by 70Hornet - Jul/09/2016 at 7:41am
70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/24/2016 at 4:02pm

THIS WEEKEND!

Sunday 28th August
AMC/Rambler Federation Square Melbourne Showcase
10.30am to 3pm

Some of this countries finest AMC 2 door cars on display for all to see.
There is possibly still a spot for a display car. Please PM me asap and I can put you onto Allan Briggs who is organising this great AMC event.

For anyone with half an interest in AMC's, or cars in general, this will be well worth a look. And for passers by in Melbourne on the day will be an awesome sight to see.

Another great show to showcase our often forgotten marque
SmileTongueSmileTongue

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2016 at 12:53am
There is an article on Gordon Pendlebury's 1902 Rambler Replica that he brought to the 3rd annual AMC/Rambler show in Albury/Wodonga this year in the new edition of Restored Cars.

Also from reports the Federation Square show just been was a success. As per normal happenings in AMC land there was a few that couldnt make it at the last minute but from the photo's I have seen a great variety of cars that were there and lots of extra contacts and owners and spectators/visitors all meeting up to talk about AMC's which can only help keep the enthusiasm for these cars alive. A few contacts Allan has made are owners who have cars at home that havnt been out for years and are getting inspired to make it happen. A good thing to hear and the next couple of years are going to see some interesting AMC's come out of the woodwork I reckon. I know of at least another dozen Hornets getting restored who are keen to get them going and to the AMC shows. Great effort from Allan Briggs for organising another AMC/Rambler event Smile
74gremx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 74gremx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/30/2016 at 1:35am
Federation Square pics

1970 Javelin 360/727
1974 Levis Gremlin X 304/904
1964 American Convertible
1974 Matador wagon (parts)
2016 Holden Cruze Equipe
2014 Holden Colorado
"Don't mistake activity for achievement".

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2016 at 9:03pm
Some sad news has just come through. Bob Berry passed away today. Bob was one of them characters I always enjoyed chatting with. I really enjoyed our chats and hanging out at the show and his presence will be missed. 

RIP BOB
Take care where ever you are mate
Bob's beaut 2 door Hornet
joehearse View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joehearse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/25/2016 at 5:10pm
yeah,  sad news.  I liked Bob.  I also enjoyed chatting with him.  Just in case anyone didn't get the email. 
Funeral details.
The Funeral for Robert (Bob) Berry.

Thursday 27th October at 11.30 am.

Situated in Williams Lane off High Street (the old Hume Highway) at the Melbourne end of Violet Town.

For those who are able to attend, by request casual dress only.

70Hornet View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70Hornet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2017 at 6:04am
Just looking through you-tube videos of the show and thought would put some links up;

This one shows some Saturday night cruising in 2016. The atmosphere is truly electric

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NlgGwP5TWKg

Edited by 70Hornet - Mar/27/2017 at 6:13am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 8910
  Share Topic