TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

70/77 Hornet-Lexus crossbreed?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6t8amxetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2019 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by farna farna wrote:

What brand is that instrument cluster, and model number?

Yea, I was concerned about the reflection/glare also. But I like the look so much I decided to give it a try. Once I get some some driving at night time I will have a better idea how annoying it is or isn't! LOL

So I want to update with more pics but it is soooo frustrating trying to get them to load correctly. It just seems random when they want to post sideways or not. Can load the pic 30 times and maybe get it properly oriented. Even tried to rotate it first but it goes back sideways!

Anyway here is a brief list of the cars mods. I started out with a 95' Jeep w/4.0 that I was going to use for a 4.0/AW4 swap. It was going to be an intro into hot rodding for one of my teenage sons. But of course they both got into imports so I decided to play with it for myself. As I have stated I always dreamt of an SC/360  but they are just too rare and expensive. I love my Toyota daily drivers for build quality and drivability so I decided to blend Toyota with AMC! Actually have a little Ford in there too! OOPS!

Car has:
4.0 liter Lexus 1UZ with VVTI (variable valve timing) 300 horse/brand new crate motor
A750 5spd Toyota automatic controlled with a Compushift computer-shifted with a Tundra sequential shifter
New AMC-1 gas tank with Tanks inc electric fuel pump
AMC20 rear with a nice 2 piece AMX Twin Grip 3.15 ratio-new brakes
Toyota Prius electric power steering w/new Borgeson 16:1 quick ratio box
Dakota Digital VHX electronic gauges
2012 Mustang 13" front brakes
2012 Mustang leather seats
Front suspension all rebuilt stock
Full dual exhaust with Walker Dynomax Ultra Flo SS mufflers

This has been a fun build. Still have lots of wiring to finalize. I have been just doing quite a bit of temporary wiring to test drive then will finalize it when everything proves worthy!

I have only driven it up and down my street a handful of times. But it is very promising. It starts like any new car. Drives pretty sweet and is very, very quick so far.

Edited by 6t8amxetc - Dec/28/2019 at 12:39pm
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2019 at 1:32pm
Great project so far!!  Thanks for the details.

Frank Swygert
Tarbaby View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2019 at 6:52pm
If your talking about the SC in Washington State it was $1000 it’s on a body cart now waiting for some bodywork. Currently working on my 71 Hornet sst Arizona car.
Frank Alarcon
Tarbaby View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tarbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2019 at 6:55pm
Hey that’s the 77 I gave away a few years back. There’s a story there. Frank in Seattle 
Frank Alarcon
6t8amxetc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6t8amxetc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/28/2019 at 7:09pm
Hi Frank, yes this is the car! I didn't know you were on here. This car has transformed a little over the last 8 months!Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic