TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Repo BB AMX/Jav bumper molding...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornelius Rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Repo BB AMX/Jav bumper molding...
    Posted: Mar/02/2015 at 5:18pm
I seem to remember coming across a thread in a forum a couple years ago about an individual repopping the lower (bumper) molding for 1968/69 "Big Bad" AMX/Javelins. Does anyone else recall or was I off the meds that day...?  
Bill Mitchell View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Mitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2015 at 11:38am
Were the BIG BAD bumpers painted? There is a company making fiberglass bumpers for AMC's. I will have to find them again..............
Bill Mitchell

Cornelius Rambler View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornelius Rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2015 at 12:04pm
Originally posted by Bill Mitchell Bill Mitchell wrote:

Were the BIG BAD bumpers painted? There is a company making fiberglass bumpers for AMC's. I will have to find them again..............

Yes they were. But there was a lower molding on the bumper...sort of a continuation of the right and left fender extension moldings.

ramblinrev View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2015 at 3:03pm
I wouldn't call it a lower molding...it goes on the outer/upper edge of the bumper (but I see what you mean in that it kind of rounds-out the hood lip/J moldings on the fender extensions/etc.)
74 Hornet Hatchback X twins (since 1977)
62 American Convertible (still worth the $50 I spent in 1973!) AMCRC #513, AMO #384
70 AMX 360 4-speed (since 1981)
txamx View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote txamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2015 at 3:30pm
Originally posted by Cornelius Rambler Cornelius Rambler wrote:

I seem to remember coming across a thread in a forum a couple years ago about an individual repopping the lower (bumper) molding for 1968/69 "Big Bad" AMX/Javelins. Does anyone else recall or was I off the meds that day...?  

Yes, there was a reproduction for the 69 Big Bad bumper molding, but it seems like it disappeared almost immediately after it was announced. I have no idea what happened.

It wasn't something you imagined!
Have2SC's View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Have2SC's Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/03/2015 at 4:22pm
there was a post on here quite some time ago that a forum member new a individual that was repoping the big bad trim.  there was a email posted and i made contact and said that i wanted one and was informed that they were going to be making them soon,  never heard from them again!     
1971 SC360 Hornet 4 speed   1970 Javelin 390 4 speed "Base Model" 1967 Rambler 220 X code 343 4 speed
Cornelius Rambler View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cornelius Rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2015 at 4:36pm
Well at least I'm no crazier than usual. 

Sure would like to find a reasonable and reasonable facsimile of one.
BADJAV390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BADJAV390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/04/2015 at 4:52pm
Dan Cooley was the guy who made them.  I think he made an initial run, which had to be almost five years ago.  About two years ago he said they would make another run of them.  I emailed him, said he had me on the list but have never heard anything since.  
1968 AMX 390/4spd
1969 Jav 600 HP Alfano 390 Protouring
1970 Javelin SST 390/4spd
next..71 amx 401/4spd, 70 AMX 390 4spd, 69 sc/rambler, 69 AMX BBO 390 4spd
garsod View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2015 at 1:59am
If someone would give the forum member ANT a message he could probably make one on his cnc machines. He made a 70 AMX grill. Just food for thought.
jeremy0711 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jeremy0711 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/06/2015 at 1:07pm
Dan Cooley is out of florida. He owns a body shop there. I would have to see if I can find his number. There were two guys at that time making them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic