TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Stroker AMC connecting rods to be shelf item

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/28/2015 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by tsanchez tsanchez wrote:

The stroker 6 inch long 2 inch rod .940 wide and .927 pin, just like you are going to make I hope.

I am running callies compstar chevy ones now and they work, but new pistons are wiseco without the perimeter skirt so some rods that are centered would be great.

This is how they look now 

Okay, stupid question..... how can a straight rod not be centered? Isn't that solely determined by it's location on the crank?

-Steve-

EDIT: Nevermind.... I took a look at pics of my engine and noticed the both crank sides don't have the same width.

Second EDIT: Added high-res photo of my 401 with the standard AMC Molnar rods.

-Steve-

Edited by Rebel Machine - Mar/01/2015 at 9:34am
SKeown View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKeown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/23/2015 at 10:02pm

Originally posted by tsanchez tsanchez wrote:

The stroker 6 inch long 2 inch rod .940 wide and .927 pin, just like you are going to make I hope.

I am running callies compstar chevy ones now and they work, but new pistons are wiseco without the perimeter skirt so some rods that are centered would be great.

This is how they look now 

I've found that different makes of Chevy aftermarket have different offsets. Those appear to fit like some Oliver rods that I got from a wealthy round track racing doctor. He had only run them on a dyno so they and a 3.850 crank I had went to a fellow AMC racer. They centered like you'rs, but some are way off center.

SKeown
Ken_Parkman View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken_Parkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/24/2015 at 9:36pm
Just talking to Tom today, and the first set of rods are on the way to me. He has them in stock now if you want a set, and there seems to be some interest so another run of some more is in work.
jtsllc1 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jtsllc1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2015 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by Ken_Parkman Ken_Parkman wrote:

Just talking to Tom today, and the first set of rods are on the way to me. He has them in stock now if you want a set, and there seems to be some interest so another run of some more is in work.

I was just curious if you received your rods and weighed them. I  think they would way the same as the Chevy rod...606 grams
JTSLLC1
Ken_Parkman View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken_Parkman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/27/2015 at 8:47pm
One problem for us Canadians is the brokerage charges (bend over) by the courier companies for things coming across the border. I see one of those brown trucks it takes all of my willpower not to cut it off and drive it into the ditch. Maybe it would roll and explode into flames. I wouldn't want the driver to get hurt, but anything related to the company is fair game.

I will never again have things shipped by those brown trucks. Never. Ever. Ever.

So now I have a US mailing address, and go down to Niagara Falls every little while to pick up stuff after it accumulates. So the rods are there, waiting for a few more things to arrive before i make a trip. Probably not next week cause I have too many things going on.

Soon as I get them I'll take some pictures and do some measuring.
kidgrem View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kidgrem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2015 at 1:19pm
Ordered a set today to replace Scat rods.
Purchased a engine, crank widened to 1.9, rods not flipped.
The pistons had signs on the skirts of excessive piston rock.
Now if their were some off the shelf, 1.25 comp height Indy SR head pistons.
Thank`s Ken, Tom
MTech Tom View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MTech Tom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2015 at 11:23pm
Kidgrem, your rods shipped the same day we received the order.

Tom
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic