TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Leaf springs

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambassador401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/03/2015 at 10:07am
Originally posted by asifnyc asifnyc wrote:

Yes I still have leafs in the yellow street javelin. 2" lowering blocks and no additional locating devices. Unfortunately I don't know what rate they are. I bought them 20 yes ago. I think I had them de-arched to try to lower the car back then.

Don't know if leaf/coil rates can be compared but I'm running 200# coils in the race javelin. That car is under 3100# with me in it post race.

Is this for wheel to wheel racing or just track days. If w2w what kind of cars will you run against?

Pics please!

I think leaf/coil rates are same if they are assembled in the same place and the coil is straight up.
If you have coilovers with the shocks in original places the coils woud be angled and need to be stiffer. 

W2w racing, quite small tracks mainly against smaller european cars of the same age period.

I have an old build thread here, I try to put some new pics there soon now that I've started working on the car again.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic