TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2015 Las Vegas AMC Reunion - Event Date: Nov/06/2015 - Nov/07/2015

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SEdmonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/03/2015 at 9:00pm
Originally posted by 70YCODE 70YCODE wrote:

I do TOO....I just hate to sell it....

Cry

Don't sell it - it can come and live at my house. I'll give it a great home. Seriously - you're selling the red beast?
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2015 at 6:08pm
Sitting here in Arizona hoping the weather clears for the drive tomorrow. I'm using an open trailer so I won't be going anywhere until it's dry. Disapprove  It's been pouring rain here most of the day, but last I heard they say sunny tomorrow.  Here's hoping!
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

raysinvegas View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raysinvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2015 at 7:40pm
The rain has stopped here in Las Vegas. Forecast is 68 and sunny for Friday and Saturday!
Andy Ray
64 440H
64 440 Convertible
68 Javelin SST 343
69 Javelin SST 343
69 SC/Rambler
70YCODE View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70YCODE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2015 at 9:04pm
If she was BBG, I'd keep her, but the AMX is more fun to drive....and a lot faster to wash !
I can't afford to keep up two cars,  I'd drive across country in either one right now, but they both could use some work.
So one has to go to make the other one better....Cry

1970 AMX 401 5-Speed
Gone is the "Machine"
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/06/2015 at 11:46pm
Had a great time today at the Techatticup Mine and the BBQ, with a stop along the way for a photo shoot at the Colorado River. It was a beautiful, clear, fall day, and it was the first real outing for my restored BBO AMX as well, so it was especially fun for us.  I snapped these pictures along the way. 

Thanks to Mark and all the nice folks at Southern Nevada AMC Club for putting on a great event and making us "Zonies" feel so welcome!  We're looking forward to the car show tomorrow!!

Edited by CamJam - Nov/08/2015 at 6:27pm

amxdreamer View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxdreamer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/07/2015 at 8:28pm
I friend of mine from highschool sent me some pictures today from the show. I guess he is down there on vacation and stumbled on the show. He is a true car guy and appreciates nice cars. Cam, he said your car was very nice, kudos on a job well done!
Tony
Vancouver, BC
1970 AMX
1972 Badassador
AMO#10333
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2015 at 9:01am
Originally posted by amxdreamer amxdreamer wrote:

I friend of mine from highschool sent me some pictures today from the show. I guess he is down there on vacation and stumbled on the show. He is a true car guy and appreciates nice cars. Cam, he said your car was very nice, kudos on a job well done!

It was a great show!  65 cars overall and lots of two-seaters:

Mark Melvin's beautifully restored Playboy AMX got a well-deserved Best of Show and People's Choice and I managed a first in the stock 68-70 AMX category!

My voltage regulator seems to have given up on the drive to the mine though, and I'm afraid it may have burned up my new $300 battery.  I was smelling rotten eggs and when I checked the voltage with the car running it was getting charged at about 19 volts. The next morning the engine would not crank and I had to jump start it. Ouch

Edited by CamJam - Nov/08/2015 at 10:00am

dltowers View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dltowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/08/2015 at 11:22pm
Awaiting Photos of this event....
Original Owner, 1974 Javelin:
360ci,2v,727TC. Motorola Multiplex with 8-Track.
G4 Plum exterior with 421Q Black Uganda Interior. Purchased on July 16, 1974 from Hooker AMC, Sherman, TX for $4500.20
raysinvegas View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote raysinvegas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2015 at 12:08am
Originally posted by dltowers dltowers wrote:

Awaiting Photos of this event....

No need to wait, there are a few in the pictures section already. Wink
Andy Ray
64 440H
64 440 Convertible
68 Javelin SST 343
69 Javelin SST 343
69 SC/Rambler
Traveller View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Traveller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/09/2015 at 11:36am
It was a fun show!   The weather was a bit breezy most of the time, but not bad at all, and the sun was out for the whole weekend.   Met a bunch of neat folks and had a good time.   Well worth the trip, and my wife had a good enough time to be talking about doing it next year!   That's saying something for someone who was NOT interested in the project car 6 years ago.

Thanks again for such a well organized weekend guys.  
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
  Share Topic