TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Jeeps and Eagle 4x4 fun.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Mods, please remove 97 XJ preping for sale

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mods, please remove 97 XJ preping for sale
    Posted: Jan/19/2015 at 5:48pm
After reading the new for sale rules I feel this subject is on the edge or over the edge or violating the rules, so I want to be clear that I did not intend this and have the mods remove this thread.

I have a 97 XJ, 135,000, yes that is real mileage.4.0L, AX15 5 speed!, 15X8 Canyon wheels and 235 70 Coopers. Has some flaky power windows, they all usually work. Had new full rockers put on about 5 years ago and they are still good.

I'm not going to sugar coat it, it needs maintenance and TLC.

I'm posting to try to get an idea of where to start the pricepoint? Don't want to keep it forever, don't want to give it away either.

Body is a 4door sport in dark metallic blue, could use paint.

Make a great starting point for any sort of play toy.
I did not post it down in for sale as I am a little bit away from the ready for sale point.

Picked up an 08 Liberty Sport with 50K and the 6 speed manual trans today. He wanted a Wrangler, but was staring at another $5K for one. The Liberty is clean, only has a couple dings in the hood that we are going to get a satin black panel done like the new trailhawks.

I'm asking about the XJ, so please don't start bombing me about the Liberty, it is what it is and fits the current need of a College senior going into grad school!

Edited by Wrambler - Jan/24/2015 at 8:00pm
Wrambler
69 AMC Rambler
4.0L, 5 speed
2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
2019 Chrysler 300
THE MENACE View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote THE MENACE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/19/2015 at 6:15pm
Hey Mark
From your description it sounds like $2,300 - $4,500 area. At least around here thats what to expect for a solid rust free XJ. (I've bought a few of them around here, LOL!) (We could get a better idea of what it's worth if you could post a couple of pics of it.

Dennis
Former Owner of:
The Craig Breedlove "AERO AMX"

Still Owner:
SS/AMX #9 replica (THE BIG MENACE)
70 AMX 416, EFI, Nash 5 speed   
70 Javelin 401, 727 (Wife's car)
72 Gremlin Autocross Project.
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/20/2015 at 9:34pm
4X4?
Wrambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/21/2015 at 11:17am
Yea, that sounds like the pricing I was thinking.
Need to do a couple of things then thought I'd start at $3500 and go from there.
It is 4X4 as a 2wd would not serve much purpose around here and there are some blood stains I need to clean out of the back....Deer, not people....

I'd like to keep it, but We have 6 vehicles on our policy right now...$2K every 6 months. Kinda makes the wallet pucker up if you know what I mean!

I drove it this morning as we had freezing rain and figured might as well take it since it can be parted out if something bad happens. The other cars have $1K deductible.

Edited by Wrambler - Jan/21/2015 at 11:20am
Wrambler
69 AMC Rambler
4.0L, 5 speed
2019 Chrysler 300
Wrambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/22/2015 at 8:53am

Best picture I can find quickly.
It has newer Cooper Discoverys on it and the Pole/ice chest carrier is coming off the front.
If it doesn't bring decent money I have an older set of the white factory wheels with 235's on them that I will put on. I can get decent money for the wheels and tires on it being they are the factory 15 X 8" wheel.

We start prepping it tomorrow, clearing out excess stereo wiring and pulling the front rack etc;
I also need to index the distributor, It has needed done for years, but is a mild hiccup only once in a blue moon so I just didn't both before now. you always fix stuff for other people, or so it seems.
Wrambler
69 AMC Rambler
4.0L, 5 speed
2019 Chrysler 300
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic