TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain > Eagle and Jeep Specific drive-train issues
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

drive shaft indexing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote odd401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: drive shaft indexing
    Posted: Jan/13/2015 at 10:39pm
LOLi have another issue,i shelled out my rear yoke and u joint in my j 20 , the drive shaft hit the pavement,and the slip yoke stayed in the trans,my issue is how do i index the slip yoke back on the drive shaft? i know they're balanced at the factory.anyone have a pic of how to, or just some knowledge i dont want to do it twice,thanks
carnuck View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote carnuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2015 at 11:29pm
One of two ways. Ujoint is mirror imaged from end to end. They must be inline with the joint on the other end of the same tube. If you get a vibe the one way, mark the tube and yoke so you can tell which way was wrong and put it together 180 out. Anything else is out of synch and will vibrate.
odd401 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote odd401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/15/2015 at 9:01am
Smilei installed it that way no vibration, i installed a new seal, and yoke ,and like always, it leaks fluid.l lubed the seal and yoke before installing,and just my luck,its out of stock till saturday.seems i'll never get to get to get a reliable truck again
carnuck View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carnuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/16/2015 at 12:21am
If there is a groove where the seal sits, get a speedi sleeve for it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic