TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1963 AMC rambler classic bolt pattern?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aarong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 1963 AMC rambler classic bolt pattern?
    Posted: Nov/28/2014 at 6:14am
The rims on this car are shot and was looking all over the internet and some books but cant find the bolt pattern. someone on here must know what it is so i can get some new rims.

So please enlighten me ha ha.
tyrodtom View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tyrodtom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2014 at 6:29am
5x4.5
66 American SW, 66 American 2dr, 82 J10, 70 Hornet, Pound, Va.
aarong View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aarong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/28/2014 at 6:36am
Originally posted by tyrodtom tyrodtom wrote:

5x4.5

thanks!

EDIT: wow well after that bit of info i found one type that is nice. now the question is will it work?

The best part is they are super cheap to!

EDIT the link i posted has them in 5x8 but i just went out to check the rims and it looks like they are 5x7 on the car. no problems because they sell 5x7s now i just gotta figure out if they actually fit with the back spacing.

Edited by aarong - Nov/28/2014 at 7:13am
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2014 at 8:49am
The 15x7 wheels will be a better fit. 15x8 may not. As long as the wheels are standard back spacing (centered -- 3.5" on 15x7 wheels) they will fit. They should be since the 15x8 are (well, 4.03" backspace is close enough to centered!). You could use a little more back spacing, but not much. All the old style American Racing wheels should be near centered. Bolt pattern on your car is 5x4.5" (5 lugs, 4.5" circle) -- same as Ford, Chrysler, and big Toyota. Many Ford factory wheels have a slightly smaller center hole and won't fit over the AMC (or most Chrysler) hubs. Most aftermarket wheels are made to fit all.
Frank Swygert
Snotty View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snotty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/01/2014 at 12:08pm
I love those NASCAR style wheels. Would look really cool!
Son's car: '73 Gremlin X, 401, T-10, Mopar 8.75 rear with 3.23 sure grip. My car: '70 Newport Convertible, 440 automatic
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic