TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Indy 401-SR heads

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcisworthy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Indy 401-SR heads
    Posted: Oct/19/2014 at 7:38am
New numbers from my Indy heads. 
Upgraded to a 1.25/1.67 diameter 5/16 stem titanium Dell West valves and did some more porting. 
Not quite done, going to install pushrod tubes which will get me a touch more csa at the pinch and may pick the port up a couple more. 
Boris Badanov View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Badanov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2014 at 9:03am
Nice, very nice.
Those should be great on a 6" rod Stroker 401+
Gremlin Dreams
jcisworthy View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcisworthy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2014 at 9:20am
Going on my new engine for the Javelin. 
Not sure if I am going to stroke it or not but building it for high 13's compression and 8k rpm's with a 5k converter so either way they will work fine. 
Boris Badanov View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Badanov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2014 at 11:03am
A 6" +  rod with flat top pistons and those heads should
make it easy to net 2 hp per CID.

Gremlin Dreams
tsanchez View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2014 at 11:47am
What is the csa, and port volume at.
jcisworthy View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jcisworthy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2014 at 2:30pm
Have not measured final csa and port volume yet if I get to it this week I will post it. 
It should be sizes real close to what the valve needs, the height is set at 2.6" the width is not quite done yet and I dont remember what it is or have the info here. 
I imagine the runner is somewhere between 245-255 cc's. 
george48 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote george48 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2014 at 6:55pm
I've got a set of those heads on my 401.They flow like crazy,& the car runs like a "scalded dog". However I had to use "Indys" intake because of the angle of the heads. I personally don't like single plane intakes but it does have bosses for EFI. Hope you enjoy them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic