TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

73 AMX 360/727 trans lines

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 73 AMX 360/727 trans lines
    Posted: Sep/29/2014 at 9:33pm
So I got my trans lines last week from inlinetube and tried to install today but theyre wrong they look correct except for the area where the lines attach to the trans at 90 angle It seems they didnt bend the rearward cooler line towards trans body at all i thought perhaps it was for me to finish bend so i crawl under car with tubing bender but it doesnt even reach .called them and since i bought on ebay had to state that for tech line > Tech line calls back a bit later says to take pics of lines and send off in email .They say probably 48 hours till they call back with an answer. Kinda wanna get this thing back together. In hindsight i shoulda just made my own but wanted to look factory but now it seems like a soup sandwich. Anyone run into this problem Thought perhaps i was sent 998 tranny lines but thyre pretty much the same if I recall .
rebuiling 73 amx need parts
dbomb View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2014 at 9:38pm
Hey not slamming inline tube as they seem like nice folks just wonderin if you fellas been down this road in past.
Ohio AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ohio AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2014 at 10:25pm
Maybe there should be a 90 degree brass fitting at the trans?
1940 Hupmobile Skylark
1968 Javelin future Pro Street
1969 AMX 290/auto (first car)
1997 Dodge SS/T 5.9L
AMO# 983
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2014 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Ohio AMX Ohio AMX wrote:

Maybe there should be a 90 degree brass fitting at the trans?

thats whats on my 1972 727. ( The back one)
dbomb View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2014 at 10:30pm
yup but thats not the way it came and this was a low mileage nonmolested original rig . I know i can put a 90 there but gonna be tough as it seems the line is too short. in any case if theyre selling product to fit 73 727 trans it should fit it no jurry rigging or mods If they sent me a 90 fitting with the lines it may seem different to me .
dbomb View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2014 at 10:31pm
perhaps they changeup in 73 model run dunno
dbomb View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dbomb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2014 at 10:34pm
american parts depot pic has them correct number 162 3001C
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic