TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Wow, did not know I would get those responses!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2014 at 2:51pm
This is probably the most mellow, albeit opinionated forum I belong to. Try out yellowbullet on for size hahahahahahaha
Sonic Silver View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sonic Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2014 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by tsanchez tsanchez wrote:

This is probably the most mellow, albeit opinionated forum I belong to. Try out yellowbullet on for size hahahahahahaha
I don't post over there, but I read the Political Forum and the TOBT Forum daily. It's the most entertainment on the web. I see you and Tony(amxdreamer) posting there.
SKeown View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKeown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2014 at 3:00pm

Originally posted by Photon440 Photon440 wrote:

Originally posted by sweatlock sweatlock wrote:

The 1955 Corvette is the best body style in my opinion and is truer to it's sports car roots than any of it's successors. If I had the money I'd get one and take out the blue flame 6 and stick in a built 304 - THAT would be an upgrade, lol. Just thinking about the reaction from Chevy fans makes me go all warm & gooey...

But...only seven Corvettes had the six cylinder in 1955.  Most were V-8.

Many years ago there was a 53 vette with a freeze cracked engine for sale locally for $600, but my daddy wouldn't give me the money to buy it. Can you imagine?

SKeown
tsanchez View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tsanchez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2014 at 3:08pm
So it was like brand new then huh LOL
SKeown View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SKeown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/30/2014 at 3:15pm

Originally posted by tsanchez tsanchez wrote:

So it was like brand new then huh LOL

It couldn't have been over 12 years old because I was barely out of school. In those days $600 was all the money in the world. I bought the 68 AMX new for under $3500.

SKeown
carnuck View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carnuck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2014 at 12:35pm
I dislike Chev motors in everything under the sun that ISN'T Chev. I had a nice 454 in the '82 Chev pickup I had but I wouldn't put it in my Jeep. 
Alaska AMC Guy View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alaska AMC Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2014 at 12:45am
Now that sounds like it could be hella fun, 707 hp would make for one screaming 77 AMX / mine :)
Ruby loye View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ruby loye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2014 at 2:29am
Jules,

Well I'll chime in, 1st off your project, do with what suits you, your time/money.
I would be against a SBC in my Classic, but it has a big block 327, so why would I?
I am amazed at the wealth of knowledge on this site, these guys and gals will in my opinion
go out of their way to help someone out. I think your American will be just fine with what ever you have, the point is to try to get these babies on the road, mostly intake with AMC parts, but tell the guy who can't find the intake flap for his "machine" or dogleg heads for his 401, then you'd see how true to the brand you would be. Drive your American as YOU see best, period. Bon Chance

Mark
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic