TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC 6 Cylinder Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

4.0L i6 vs 4.2L i6

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/17/2014 at 10:17am
That's because you're in snow country Jim! In the southeast you will find more 2WD models, at least a third, maybe more. A friend from PA was surprised to see my 2WD Cherokee (XJ) about 10 years ago -- he thought all Jeeps were 4x4, never saw or heard of a 2WD model!
Frank Swygert
GrumpyMan12 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GrumpyMan12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2014 at 7:47am
John, love the picture you posted. I know there are more of our cars in some barn, garage, or under a tarp that need to be found, rescued, restored & enjoyed again. Just can't seem to get my health good enough to work on it right now. Gets me upset knowing I've finnally got my car back and can't get it on the road yet. It's on my bucket list. My wife and daughter promised me that if I'm not able to get it done and on give road before my time is up they will get it finished like we'd talked about and keep it in the family.
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2014 at 8:20am
Originally posted by GrumpyMan12 GrumpyMan12 wrote:

John, love the picture you posted. I know there are more of our cars in some barn, garage, or under a tarp that need to be found, rescued, restored & enjoyed again. Just can't seem to get my health good enough to work on it right now. Gets me upset knowing I've finnally got my car back and can't get it on the road yet. It's on my bucket list. My wife and daughter promised me that if I'm not able to get it done and on give road before my time is up they will get it finished like we'd talked about and keep it in the family.
maybe some AMCers close by? maybe they can help ??
farna View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Moderator Lost Dealership Project

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote farna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2014 at 8:22pm
Like here in SC, there aren't a lot of AMCers in TN either! But I had the same thought. So what ya got grumpy, and what all does it need?
Frank Swygert
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/25/2014 at 8:57pm
If I were closer, I wouldn't mind turning a wrench. Do it everyday, so at least I'd be "at home", lol.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic