TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Bucket seats and tracks for Gremlin

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blumontag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bucket seats and tracks for Gremlin
    Posted: Jul/28/2014 at 3:36pm
I'm on the hunt for original buckets and tracks for my 72 Gremlin. I have neither currently.    From what I've learned on the forum , Eagle and Pacer  and Javelin tracks won't fit existing holes in the Gremlin floor. I've located some 83 Spirit vinyl buckets and would like to know if these bolt in directly to the Gremlin floor?

Thanks, folks!
72 Gremlin X
blumontag View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blumontag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/30/2014 at 7:20pm
Any Spirit owners out there that might  take a few measurements of your high back buckets/ tracks for me, please?  Thank you!
72 Gremlin X
greasygt III View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greasygt III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2014 at 4:02pm
    Which measurements are you looking for?
83 Spirit GT
79 Ranchero GT 460
blumontag View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blumontag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2014 at 5:14pm
Thanks for your reply.
I'd like to know how wide seat cushion is, and if juts out above the center hump at all.
And, distance between the bolts that attach the tracks to the floor, across the front.
Also, do the tracks sit flush on the carpet or are they raised above it?

Thanks very much!
72 Gremlin X
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote greasygt III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2014 at 5:52pm
    Seat cushion is 24ish" and the studs come through at 12 1/2" across the front. No, the track is raised above the carpet. The cushion slightly overhangs the trans. tunnel. These are original never reupholstered.
83 Spirit GT
79 Ranchero GT 460
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greasygt III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2014 at 5:57pm
    Did your Gremlin have buckets or a bench? I redid a '76 Gremlin that had a bench and I did notice there is dimples for bucket seats.
83 Spirit GT
79 Ranchero GT 460
blumontag View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blumontag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2014 at 10:04pm
Originally posted by greasygt III greasygt III wrote:

Seat cushion is 24ish" and the studs come through at 12 1/2" across the front. No, the track is raised above the carpet. The cushion slightly overhangs the trans. tunnel. These are original never reupholstered.

Thanks very much, that helps alot. One last thing...where is the  release for the seat back?
72 Gremlin X
blumontag View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blumontag Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2014 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by greasygt III greasygt III wrote:

Did your Gremlin have buckets or a bench? I redid a '76 Gremlin that had a bench and I did notice there is dimples for bucket seats.

My Gremlin has non-AMC seats and tracks.  I'm sure I'm sitting up higher than I should be, and leaning back too far. Driving posture is not the best. When I redid the carpet I noticed extra holes in the floor from original seats.
72 Gremlin X
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote greasygt III Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/01/2014 at 1:58pm
    The release for reclining is outboard at the hinge of the seat.
83 Spirit GT
79 Ranchero GT 460
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic