TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Suspension, Steering, Brakes & Wheels
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Possible Custom Upper Control Arms 71-74 Javelin
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Possible Custom Upper Control Arms 71-74 Javelin

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulletpruf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2015 at 3:45am
Originally posted by rsrguy3 rsrguy3 wrote:

So what's the latest guys? I was was looking for del-a-lum info when I came across this thread. How is the ride quality with this setup? Have the lca's been started yet?

I don't think anyone who bought a set has installed them yet, so no idea on the ride quality.

I don't know on the LCA's. The fabricator was going to see about demand for the UCA's first.

Thanks

Scott
Please check out my YouTube channel for vintage car and truck shenanigans! https://www.youtube.com/@THEBULLETPROOFGARAGE
rsrguy3 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsrguy3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/07/2015 at 11:17am
I would like a set but I just shot the preverbial wad on the car and won't have any casheesh to burn on it until the end of summer/fall sometime, just give him a heads up for me if it will help move him to the lowers.
javguy
nothingface5384 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothingface5384 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2015 at 11:20pm
Id buy uppers if youd made the lowers like a GM LCA to rid the strut rods
Just not sure how much wider you can make the lowers compared to stock
1972 Pro-Toured Buick Skylark Twin turbo efi 355 v8

1973 Pro-Toured Ford Maverick 302 v8

1975 Stock AMC Hornet 232 I6

1978 Stock Plymouth Volare 225 /6
nothingface5384 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nothingface5384 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/06/2015 at 11:18am
Bump
Would the fabricator be up to changing the uppers a tad? Id really like an option to accept aftermarket Howe tall ball joint/nascar screw in bj option
Found a slick design for lowers too vs the narrow lower / strut rod combo

This is what ride tech did with the ford incorporated strutrod and lca as 1 piece

Edited by nothingface5384 - Sep/10/2015 at 4:52pm
1972 Pro-Toured Buick Skylark Twin turbo efi 355 v8

1973 Pro-Toured Ford Maverick 302 v8

1975 Stock AMC Hornet 232 I6

1978 Stock Plymouth Volare 225 /6
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2022 at 4:48am
Whatever happened with this project? Fabricator went to a lot of trouble. I hope it was worth his while. 
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

bulletpruf View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bulletpruf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2022 at 8:07am
Originally posted by CamJam CamJam wrote:

Whatever happened with this project? Fabricator went to a lot of trouble. I hope it was worth his while. 

The fabricator was compensated for his time, but he decided against producing more of these.

Thanks
Please check out my YouTube channel for vintage car and truck shenanigans! https://www.youtube.com/@THEBULLETPROOFGARAGE
CamJam View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CamJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec/13/2022 at 12:39pm
Originally posted by bulletpruf bulletpruf wrote:

Originally posted by CamJam CamJam wrote:

The fabricator was compensated for his time, but he decided against producing more of these.

Thanks

Thanks for the update, Scott.  They turned out nice.  Too bad he didn't want to make any more of them.
'73 Javelin 360 (current project)
'72 Baja Bronze Javelin SST
'69 Big Bad Orange AMX (2018 Teague Heritage Award) SOLD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic