TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Butler pa swamp meet? - Event Date: Jun/13/2014 - Jun/15/2014

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: Butler pa swamp meet?
    Posted: Jun/13/2014 at 4:44pm
Anybody been close to the Butler swap and show? we've been getting hammered with T-storms for days and that usually means swamp, mud, muck and small turnouts, even though it is supposed to be beautiful for the rest of the weekend.

I like this as it is decent size and not carrying the Carlisle mentality price wise.
My bosses mother passed and I missed both spring Carlisle and Canfield.

Unless I hear it is bad I will probably make the trek, then hit the shore or strip in Pittsburgh for a fathers day meal with my son, or a nap.
Wrambler
69 AMC Rambler
4.0L, 5 speed
2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
2019 Chrysler 300
scott View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2014 at 4:52pm
Its been hit & miss around here, a little south of Butler. Some areas have been dumped on hard, some, like at my compound, haven't had much. Only one 10 minute storm today when the front came thru around noon.
I expect a little mud at Butler, but nothing too bad. I'll be waiting in line Saturday to get in at 7 AM!
Wrambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/13/2014 at 5:30pm
sounds good enough for me.
Thanks!
Wrambler
69 AMC Rambler
4.0L, 5 speed
2019 Chrysler 300
Wrambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2014 at 1:10pm
Gotta say I am disappointed with the continued shrinkage of some of these events. Lots of "spectators" vending count seems to be less each year.

That being said I did pass on a few things that I should have purchased. I was sick on Thursday, what everyone calls a stomach flu but in reality is usually a dose of some unfriendly food poisoning. I went home from work after 45 minutes. Friday I felt good enough to work, but definitely still worn out at Butler, so I just did not get into the experience enough to care. One set of 2010's 17" Rubicon wheels for $125! They were on the exact opposite end of the field and I could not imagine getting them to my Jeep.
Someone had setup of alignment tools that I really wish I had asked about. ALL the old stuff we can use on our cars, right down to turntables, castor camber, toe gauge. Really screwed up on that one.
   Then should of done some negotiating on a Trickflow diff cover for my 8.8", guy wanted $100 and it was new, but no gasket or the nifty 12 point ARP bolts the come with it for like $140 new. I think I could have got him down as he was doing to serious negotiating with a couple other guys. I need a cover too. Mine is PLASTIC, Way to go Ford!

I survived, even managed to not throw up when I saw the rough Nash 4 door sedan on a 4wd chassis! I think a 20-30year old build from the look of it. Would be real tough to get it back to a car, and probably not have enough value to do. Nice to see the Nash body, I guess. Buick or Pontiac barn find flathead straight 8. again pretty rough.

Stopped at my sons on the way home and had a nice meal, but still not feeling well enough to do anything much to amount to.

I miss my boys being around....one is in Florida this summer and Graduates next spring, the one I met up with yesterday is 1.5hrs away in Pittsburgh and works a lot.

Kind of a bummer fathers day.
I guess I'll watch the rest of the race and try some beer Ermm

Edited by Wrambler - Jun/15/2014 at 1:13pm
Wrambler
69 AMC Rambler
4.0L, 5 speed
2019 Chrysler 300
scott View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scott Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/15/2014 at 1:34pm
I thought there were more vendors there than they were getting 5-6 years ago. Still some empty spots though.

That swap does attract more ...unusual sellers than any other I go to. The ones who take a truckload of parts, but say the stuff isn't for sale when I ask for a price. Or the ones that don't know what they want for a part, refuse to give a price, won't even consider my offer. Then there are the guys with the solid gold parts, asking crazy money, 10 times what others want for the same item. Guess who takes theirs home? Fortunately, maybe 10% are sane, & don't want to take the stuff back with them.

I brought home some Javelin parts, 360 emblems, & a couple of steering wheels, as well as a pile of brand X junk to resell.

I did see that alignment stuff, & was thinking about it too. But, I'd probably never use it, & just don't have the room for it. Saw the Nash too, not a pretty sight!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic