TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > Dealerships - Nash, Hudson, Rambler, AMC, Jeep > Dealership Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

dealer number?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dealer number?
    Posted: May/11/2014 at 12:28pm
Is there any information on the dealer number? I have the warranty card to the 1974 Gremlin, but no information on what the dealers name is.    I believe the car was sold in Fort Smitn AR. The dealer number is 32 2005.
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2014 at 12:38pm
If that info has not already been collected, I'd bet enough of us have literature from enough cars to put together a pretty good list of vendors.  It wouldn't be worth it to start a "registry" though if the info is available.   If the common sources don't come through, you could check with Patrick Foster and see what he has.  

Along those lines, there is a retired Salinas AMC Rambler, later Jeep dealer here on the central coast who now owns a BMW dealership in the Monterey area.  I was given his name a few years ago but never made the contact when I was laid off, and my excuse for not doing it since then, is that I'm too busy.  But contacting him is on my bucket list.  Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
dltowers View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dltowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2014 at 2:32pm
Just found another copy of the AMC Zones, and this one does confirm Memphis, Tennessee as Zone # 32, covering all of Arkansas:

Edited by dltowers - May/11/2014 at 2:53pm
Original Owner, 1974 Javelin:
360ci,2v,727TC. Motorola Multiplex with 8-Track.
G4 Plum exterior with 421Q Black Uganda Interior. Purchased on July 16, 1974 from Hooker AMC, Sherman, TX for $4500.20
68rebelman View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 68rebelman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2014 at 2:40pm
I have a complete list of the Dealer codes for the Cleveland Zone back in 1966 and Dealership names and address,s my Grandfather was part of that zone until they sent Northwest Ohio to the Michigan Zone.
1968 Rebel 550 Convertible 290 V-8 1968 Rebel Machine Convertile 390 V-8 67 Ambassador convertible 401 V-8,AMO #2130
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2014 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by dltowers dltowers wrote:

Just found another copy of the AMC Zones, and this one does confirm Memphis, Tennessee as Zone # 32, covering all of Arkansas:

Interesting. I have the pre delivery inspecton sheet, a tag which explains better fuel economy, evrything but the window sticker and the original reciept. The car was in the same family for almost 40 years.
dltowers View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dltowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2014 at 3:01pm
Don't know if this is the dealer you are looking for, but England Motor Company sold Ramblers/AMC's in Fort Smith:
England Motor Company, Inc
823 North 11th Street
Fort Smith, AR 72901

Original Owner, 1974 Javelin:
360ci,2v,727TC. Motorola Multiplex with 8-Track.
G4 Plum exterior with 421Q Black Uganda Interior. Purchased on July 16, 1974 from Hooker AMC, Sherman, TX for $4500.20
purple72Gremlin View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purple72Gremlin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2014 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by dltowers dltowers wrote:

Don't know if this is the dealer you are looking for, but England Motor Company sold Ramblers/AMC's in Fort Smith:
England Motor Company, Inc

823 North 11th Street

Fort Smith, AR 72901

I would not be surprised if it was sold there. I was just curious. I think the car was in the Fort smith area all its life. I got the car from the original owners relatives, ......they had it for 10 years, and the car sat in the garage since 2011 when her husband passed away, they were going to go to car shows with it, but when he died, the car sat.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic