TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

70 Headlight Switch

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70 Donohue 390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2014 at 9:39pm
Originally posted by target target wrote:

And be prepared to contort your body and control your vocabulary and temper to put it back in.

Thats an understatement. Ater re-installing it TWICE I had no problem getting the shaft out,
but after re-installing the switch TWICE the shaft won't catch on the detent TWICE  Argh So I pulled down the swicth and installed the shaft behind the dash and it clicked into place fine. WTHeck is with this POS??
This is a new switch?/? any ideas???
67 Rogue 290 Convert

70 BBO 390 5 Speed Javelin-under construction
Talonfcc566 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talonfcc566 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/31/2014 at 7:02am
70 Donohue 390, did you ever figure anything out. I replaced my headlight switch on my 70 AMX with one I bought online somewhere. Well the old one which may have or not been original never gave me trouble removing the pull shaft.
The new one sounds a lot like yours. First time installing the shaft it wouldn't catch. I tightened the nut a little more thinking it wasn't reaching the catch completely inside and it worked. Well a week later I went to remove and cannot get the shaft out to save my soul. Thinking about cutting it to start over new ... Again!
My Rides: 70 AMX 390 - 4-SPD / L382G(L-100) / 70 AMX 360 - 4-SPD / 1980 CB750C
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic