TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Heater core

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 343 Ram Air Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heater core
    Posted: Apr/12/2014 at 7:48pm
I have never replace a heater core in an automobile. I need to replace the heater core on my 1970 Javelin. I want to do it myself. Is everything done from under the dash. And what problems should I watch for. Both hoses are missing and looks like I need to start from scratch.
Thanks Chuck
Body_1
FuzzFace2 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote FuzzFace2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/12/2014 at 8:11pm
Ok let start by saying you posted this in the wrong area there is a heating & A/C areafor this.
The TSM should have how to do this. Now dose the car have A/C? I have done one in my 70 Javelin with out A/C. The heater box has to come out as the core is in the box. Also the cores you get now days do not have the right brackets so you have to swap the old ones to the new core.
Also if you have the box out for the core swap do a restore of the box. http://www.detroitmuscletechnologies.com/   has the kit look on Ebayfor it or call them.
I also had the dash out so was easy to R&R the box for a restore.
My car also did not have A/C so can not say what is needed to do the core on one with A/C.
Dave ----

TSM = Technical Service Manual

75 Gremlin X v8 for sale
70 Javelin 360/auto drag car
70 Javelin 360/T5 Street car
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic