TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > The Member Companies and Products of AMC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

AMC Dealer Invoices, Master Files?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maynardk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AMC Dealer Invoices, Master Files?
    Posted: Mar/21/2014 at 7:44am
I came across an article in Hemmings that showed how a guy tracked down his GTO Judge he sold 23 years ago using the VIN. http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2014/03/21/i-just-found-my-1969-gto-judge-23-years-after-i-sold-it/?refer=news

http://www.phs-online.com/services.htm 

Whatever happened to all the AMC files, specifically dealer order forms containing VIN information? Does Chrysler have this info, or was it destroyed, or is it in someone's attic? This would be an amazing service to create if these files still exist somewhere!

Maynard
Mr. Ed View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr. Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2014 at 8:09am
Knowing how Chrysler disposed of anything AMC, I'd bet these files are long gone.

Later!
Mr. Ed
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo "Gwendolyn."
1978 Concord Sport coupe "Mr. Black".
1982 Concord wagon. The Admiral. FOR SALE!
1976 Sportabout X, 304, auto, air. The Bronze Goddess

mramc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/21/2014 at 4:59pm
Reportedly and I'll tell you exactly who I heard this from, that being Pat Foster himself, that Chrysler museum archives has a good number of boxes of AMC material rotting away on the floor of the archive. Pat offered  to come in and put them in some kind of order and was turned down. This was some years ago. Since then Chrysler has gone threw another bankruptcy and closed the museum and archive, so if  it makes you feel any better Mother Mopar is not treating there own material a whole lot better then the AMC stuff. My understanding is it's all in storage now since the Museum was closed some time ago. If any one has any more recent information I'd be happy to hear I'm wrong. LRDaum
LRDaum
442w30 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 442w30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/05/2015 at 1:35am
Chrysler Historical is operating, but they are rather insular when it comes to the public - I think it has to do with info that has been raped and pillaged over the years by employees and enthusiasts who have a suspect moral code.

Certainly some of it was thrown away as well - these companies are the business of building new cars, not keeping old paperwork.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic