TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

levis interior.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitman33dp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2018 at 3:19pm
Wow. Those seats look nice. My cousin had a 70 Javelin with Levi interior (not stock of course) and I always loved riding in that car growing up. Tony Zamisch helped him get that car. He was stationed in San Diego while in the Marines and had the car parked outside his apartment, his roommate did not move the car while my cousin was oversees, he came back to find his car had been in impounded for a long time and was going to cost huge amounts of money he didn't have to get the car out in the early 90's. He told me that the last he heard of that car a police officer had bought it from the police auction for pretty much nothing, but he never knew for sure. That was the second one he lost in San Diego while oversees, his 73 Javelin was stolen and roled end over end while he was oversees.
74 "NOT A REAL AMX" Javelin / 2 x 74 Javelins / 71 Javelin SST
pacerman View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pacerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/01/2018 at 3:38pm
I bought a 69 Javelin with 70 front end and most of a Levi's interior in San Diego about 10 years ago.  It had been sitting a while.  I sold it to a guy in the midwest.  It might be the same car hitman88dp mentions above.  It was a 304/auto I believe so the power train had been changed out too.  The neat thing about is was that even the headliner had been redone in real Levi's denim (not the nylon fake Levi's AMC cloth) and it had the brass buttons in the headliner as tuft buttons.  I can't remember why I sold it right now, but on recollection it does not seem like a smart decision.  Joe
Happiness is making something out of nothing.
hitman33dp View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hitman33dp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/02/2018 at 11:45am
I bet it was the same car! And interesting it came back to the midwest, my cousin and I both live in central Nebraska. I'll ask him if it was actually a 69 with 70 front clip, I was young, around 9 or 10 years old at the time. I remember it was white with thin red pinstripes along the side and it was actual Levi denim material.

Update: Just talked to my cousin, he said it was a 69 with 70 front end, so has to be the same car that you bought and sold Joe. I was wrong on the color, he said it was black with a roll bar, the white one he had just had blue interior. Hard to keep them all straight at that age I guess. I would sure like to be able to trace the car and find out who has it now. I loved that car growing up. His 73 was what got me interested in Javelins, then after that got stolen and rolled he bought this 69/70 Levi interior Jav, which I then drooled over. If anyone has any info or pics please post them!

Edited by hitman33dp - Feb/02/2018 at 3:14pm
74 "NOT A REAL AMX" Javelin / 2 x 74 Javelins / 71 Javelin SST
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic