TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

What does this fit?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2008 at 5:37pm
Repo battery??  Wjere did you get it from?   I ordered one from APD and I think it shipped a few days ago...haven't got it yet. Sidewinder

Antique Auto Battery in Ohio is the only people I know of the have the repo AMC Batteries.
They have a web site on line some where I believe under that name and they advertise in most of the car mags. They do  group 24 early AM  script  and the latter  A-mark logo. I believe they also do an  AMC early tar top and will on special order do a smaller group 22 for the smaller Ramblers. They are not exact but a close look to the originals. They also are not cheap. $100 plus and shipped dry too. I've had 2 now. They last about 3 or 4 years and that's it. LRDaum

LRDaum
Ohio AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ohio AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2008 at 6:57pm
Larry, I believe the APD batteries are drop shipped from there but I prefer to use the AMC vendors whenever practical. bowdown
1940 Hupmobile Skylark
1968 Javelin future Pro Street
1969 AMX 290/auto (first car)
1997 Dodge SS/T 5.9L
AMO# 983
sidewinder View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sidewinder Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/30/2008 at 8:18pm
I ordered mine from APD and I believe it's made by the same company.  I don't expect to get it for several more weeks.  Doug said 6-8 weeks when i ordered it and that was about 3 weeks ago.   I think it was actually a little cheeper too....
I had bought a dry original on ebay ( 1974 dated)  It had two week cells after I charged it up.  It was nice...red top....but if it won't hold a charge...it's trash!!   Buyer beware I guess!!
Chuck Page ,AKA Sidewinder
1968 "BLACK CHERRY" Javelin
Previous owner of 2013 Heritage Cup winner 1970 BBO AMX

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic