TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

redline radials and Goodyear Polyglass tires

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2013 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by monasmarlin monasmarlin wrote:

SmallHurst, who is a member of this forum, also sells these tires at a discount, so I don't know where the "a discount to forum members off their list prices which cannot be found elsewhere on the internet" came from as he has been offering discounts for a few years. I have bought tires from him and his prices were less than anything else I found on the internet.

Let's be logical - His prices were less than anything else you found at that time and place. The internet is huge, so it's very possible there was something else cheaper, further, 
at that time, the person who made this particular announcement that's been messed up a bit now wasn't selling. Since at that time, no one had asked Dan about prices,  how would we really happen to know Dan's aren't cheaper in price? 
This was a product announcement, independent of anyone else, there was not a direct reference to, or was effort made to specifically and directly compete against anyone else, so just an opinion here, but it would seem that no other comment was really necessary............

There's room for both....... and frankly, if there are 2 or 3 selling tires that are right for and look good or our cars, it might just create some competition that drives or at least keeps prices down a bit for everyone. Can't see anyone going broke over it since their tires will be perfect fits for thousands of cars besides the few AMCs on the road.
In short, Since the post is not directly related to This Announcement (as in a question, asking for a quote, etc.), it really doesn't belong.

(in case folks are wondering about what's cool and what's not in certain forums - No one goes into the sale posts and finds something someone has for sale and comments "so and so has it cheaper")

amx39068 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2013 at 8:02pm
Just to clarify, we also sell TA radials with custom made Redlines in lieu of the white letters that look great like the ones on the BBG Jav in the picture below.

As many of you already know, I am a retired business executive with lots of other activities to support the lifestyle and activite my family now has the opportunity to enjoy and thus not looking to earn a living off my AMC pursuits.  As a result, our prices are as low as they can possibly be regardless of the source.  I've owned and built AMCs for the past 42 years and have run every brand of tire out there on my cars and the cars we've built for others.  We also stand behind whatever we sell 100% and offer the same type of discount we enjoy on anything that the manufacturers are willing to offer to us.

If you wish to buy tires from us we will be happy to help any AMCer, here or elsewhere, get a better deal than will likely be able to get for themselves. On the other hand, if you wish to use another source by all means do so as having multiple sources in different parts of the country should be a good thing for all of us within the hobby.  

We are offering tires and anythinng else we are now dealers for up for sale to help keep the hobby alive and well  rather than to make a buck.  Any suggestions to the contrary are pure nonsense from people that have no clue and/or don't know what they are talking about. 

And BTW, does anyone really care how a word in the heading is spelled as long as you get the best price on the real deal tires or parts you need for your car?Embarrassed

Edited by amx39068 - Apr/03/2013 at 8:08pm
Dan Curtis-Owner and CEO AZ AMC Restorations; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amcmusclecars/ & Curtis Real Estate Development
SmallHurst View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SmallHurst Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2013 at 8:48pm
Dan,  

I want to apologize for the snarky comment that I made.  It was made in haste and was not who I am.

Please feel free to contact Dan or myself on your Goodyear reproduction tires.  These tires are made for Kelsey Tire in the USA.  Pricey, but the quality is what you want when you are paying the price for these tires.

For a complete catalog of the reproduction Goodyear tires, please visit  www.kelseytire.com

Snarl softly and carry a BIG STICK!!
Rusty Small
1969 Hurst/ Olds 13.26 @103
Pure Stock is the way to Rock!!!
Kapptaink View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kapptaink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/03/2013 at 10:04pm
Thanks Dan for the info, I will be looking to put correct tires on my 70 AMX before the Auburn show. We all know that smart axx is spelled with two S's. So maybe small hurst should post his apologies in his for sale post. Good luck in your quest.
PrevOwned:73HornetX 360/a727 Blk/Blk-69Javelin/R/R-69AMXBlk/W-69JavelinPrimer
Kirk
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic