TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Exhaust Hangers

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gexhaust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Exhaust Hangers
    Posted: Jan/10/2013 at 9:19pm
Gardner Exhaust Systems is pleased to announce that we are now reproducing the 1968-1970 AMX, Javelin and Scrambler exhaust hangers.  These hangers have been reproduced from our originals and are built with the correct components.  All hangers are constructed using corded tire rubber as original, and correct flat head rivets.  Each set comes with all the correct screws, bolts, correct star washers and correct lock washers for ease of installation.  The hangers are zinc plated and are available with any of our 1968-1970 AMC exhaust systems.  As with all of our reproductions we encourage you to compare them to originals. 

Eric Gardner

www.gardnerexhaust.com
(845) 758-8003
69BBB3904spAMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69BBB3904spAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/10/2013 at 11:12pm
Smile
What is the cost for a set of just the 68-70 AMX hangers ?

Do you offer the 68 AMX exhaust tail pipes in the factory correct blue porcelain ?
37 Ford Tudor 60 hp V8 flathead, all original, never restored
69BBB3904spAMX
70 Camaro 1st car
74 Hornet Hatch 6 cyl floor/auto
2007,2008,2009 PT Cruisers
Aluminum Deck Car Trailer
brownspirit View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brownspirit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/11/2013 at 7:00am
I just received the gardner exhaust system for my s/c, everything appears to be very high quality. It will be a long time before I can put it on, but I can't wait. Andy
69' BBB AMX 390/4-speed

69' s/crambler project

69’ International F210d Cummins/5+4
Steve_P View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/12/2013 at 7:09pm
1968 AMX and Javelin exhaust was very different from 69+; 1968 was mostly one year parts.  The mid pipes and tail pipes were blue ceramic (porcelin enamel) coated; the tail pipes were bent differently over the axle than 69+.  68 also used blue ceramic coated mufflers with a zinc plated skin- there were some of these on Ebay recently. 

1968 also used different clamps; it did not use the "q-clamps.

The hangars were the same for 68-70 and were zinc plated steel with blackened solid rivets.  And the rubber was cut from tire sidewalls as said.

edit:
oh, and the 68 tips were different from 69+.  What you have shown for 68 is not correct.  There are pics on this forum of the correct 68 tips- another one year part. 

I am not being an a$$, I am sure it sounds like that, I am just stating facts.

Edited by Steve_P - Jan/12/2013 at 7:17pm
SirDigger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirDigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/14/2013 at 6:27am
Good to know.....  

My hangers were made from used scews and old beltconvower Rubber....

One questuion Mr Gardner, did U plan to build and 2 1/4 or 2 1/2 Exhaust System for the Javelin?

regards SirDigger  

SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360
SANCAPJJ View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SANCAPJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/07/2013 at 2:02pm
Am I missing something - I never seem to see the question answered or information presented when pricing is questioned - JJ
amx-nutt View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx-nutt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2013 at 10:35am
Even though Gardner Exhaust has reproduced the hangers for the 68-70 AMX, he will not sell them to you unless you buy a complete exhaust system from him. This is unfortunate as I would figure there is pretty good demand for them especially now since the fellow at AMX-MGS, who I believe was the only other person making them, passed away! Have a good day all. John
SANCAPJJ View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SANCAPJJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/19/2013 at 11:43am
Thats been a sore spot for me also.   I purchased an exhaust system prior to Eric making his - and attempted to purchase parts to complete my install.   I got the same response - no sale unless you buy a complete system.  This was very dissapointing coming from someone who says he supports the hobby - at least that was my understanding when he was asking for NOS or original parts for patterns.    What happens if you damage a component and need a replacement - will you have to buy another complete system?   Eric - I know it is better for business to sell complete systems - but can't you still profit from individual component sales?  - Just asking the question - others are thinking but unwilling to ask - JJ
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic