TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

69 SC Journey

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 939495
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kcsamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcsamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2021 at 5:02am
CAMJAM - Colorado was not on the list for me.  Just way too far.
Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660
67 Rogue 290-4V 4spd Conv
A-Scheme SC/Rambler (69 SC JOURNEY)
kcsamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcsamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2021 at 5:04am
CAMJAM - Colorado was not on the schedule for me this year.  Way too far.
Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660
1970390amx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1970390amx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/04/2021 at 1:52pm
Kevin get on a plane and I will pick you up at the airport
1970 390 4speed Bittersweet shadow mask AMX
1970 Amx missing most everything, or in a box
kcsamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcsamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/05/2021 at 10:08pm
No thanks.  I just got back from MN this afternoon.

2400 miles in 70 hours, towing the next "journey".  I'm sitting my butt at home now for a spell...
Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660
kcsamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kcsamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2022 at 7:37am
It's been quite a while since I made a post on this build thread.  Currently the Scrambler patiently awaits its turn on my to do list for a few additional fixes to its build, but primarily it awaits its older brother's refurbishment and street worthiness to get some reloop love.  

This past weekend I was able to take in all the activities in Kenosha and to have a wonderful time at what is more like a reunion to me than a show.  And it reminded me how important this build blog has become to so many of you.  I got to visit one friend there in Kenosha and see his Scrambler build in person, and I was taken back by how many of you took the time to stop me and mention how this blog is helping you in your build at home.  I thank each one of you that did that as I didn't realize how much I needed to hear it.  10 months ago I lost one of my best friends that played a big role in making sure this car turned out like it did and the estate work since had taken a lot out of me.  It was an encouragement to see how this build was being used around the country on your personal journeys. Its amazing to think the posts have surpassed 163,000 views! 

There had been some discussions a while back about having me clean this blog up and place a version of it in the Restoration section, I suppose I really should do that this winter.

As for this guy, the journey continues with a few new build blogs.  You can follow the progress at the links below.  I am excited after Kenosha now to see my son Eric's GT be completed and cruising the streets of Kenosha in 2025 so I need to get busy.

Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660
johnv View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote johnv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/18/2022 at 7:21pm
Kevin,

This has been one of the best documented restoration that I've seen.  Attention to detail and total preservation process has really been on the top end of the professional shop.
And yet, you have managed to perform all these tasks on a much smaller scale and with a number of dedicated individuals.

Heck of a job!
390rambler View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 390rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/01/2023 at 10:24pm
Where did you get the headliner? Did the foam back in between the pillar sections come with it? Thanks!
kcsamc View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kcsamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/03/2023 at 3:04pm
If you read through the many pages, you will see that it was a good original headliner that I restored.  The new foam was sourced at my local JoAnn's fabrics.
Kevin Shope
1964 Classic 660
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 939495
  Share Topic