TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Autocross, circle track
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

70 Javelin Historic race car project

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2016 at 5:55pm
Love this build! Nice workmanship! 
70 Donohue 390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70 Donohue 390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/25/2016 at 9:20pm
Your vision, fab & build skills are second to none but I've always wondered but never asked, why the orange color? Historic is in the title of your project but I have never seen a orange original/historic 70 Javelin Race Car? Red, white & blue, blue, red & blue and  blue and yellow(71-72) but never an orange car?

67 Rogue 290 Convert

70 BBO 390 5 Speed Javelin-under construction
71SST401 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 71SST401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/29/2016 at 10:33am
Looking good, any new pics?
ambassador401 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambassador401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2016 at 4:22am
Originally posted by 70 Donohue 390 70 Donohue 390 wrote:

Your vision, fab & build skills are second to none but I've always wondered but never asked, why the orange color? Historic is in the title of your project but I have never seen a orange original/historic 70 Javelin Race Car? Red, white & blue, blue, red & blue and  blue and yellow(71-72) but never an orange car?

I'm building it to race in historic races in Finland and possibly some other European countries. I quess you call it vintage racing in the US, in Europe it is called historic racing.
So not trying to replicate any particular original race car, just building it to period specs so I can race it.
Orange is the cars original color and I liked it, no other reason
shootist View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shootist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/03/2016 at 7:57am
I like the color. Thumbs Up
SirDigger View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SirDigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/04/2016 at 7:47am
Great work Temu,  I hope I see the car in prerson (and you) next time at the finish Euromeet.  Thumbs Up

SirDigger&his german Friends are looking for Parts http://theamcforum.com/forum/the-german-amc-forum-ambassadorsirdigger-needs_topic83570.html
1970 Javelin SST 304
1970 Javelin SST 360
klvn8r View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klvn8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/16/2016 at 10:10pm
What are your historic rules regarding rotor and caliper specs? 

klvn8r
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambassador401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/18/2016 at 4:32am
Originally posted by klvn8r klvn8r wrote:

What are your historic rules regarding rotor and caliper specs? 

klvn8r

If using something else than what is in homologation form you have to have proof from the period international FIA race that  it was used.

For -70 Jav its homologated the big k/h calibers front (lincoln) and smaller k/h calibers back (mustang front calibers). Rotor sizes are from these also.
Of course the original amc four piston calibers and rear drums are also homologated.

So basically I could also use the girling calibers that they used in trans am cars because they raced in one FIA event for testing purposes. But I'm happy with the k/h brakes since the girlings are redicilous expensive.

Grooved and drilled rotors are not legal unless you have period proof
klvn8r View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote klvn8r Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/22/2016 at 1:58pm
Those are some excellent/era-correct rules.  The 68 Kaplan/Follmer car was near to me for many years, and still wears the Ford/Lincoln (KH)stuff.  The 70 Penske cars went with Girling, but I recall the 1971 (are you allowed that??) Roy Woods cars changed the Girlings for Hurst/Airhearts, which are still fairly common and available.   Food for thought.

klvn8r

Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ambassador401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/23/2016 at 2:40pm
Can't use any -71 stuff because its different homologation and I don't know if they ever drove any FIA races with those
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 789
  Share Topic