TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Trading Post: Sale, wanted, vendors,shipping > Product Announcements
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

American Control Freak suspension and Caltracs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: American Control Freak suspension and Caltracs
    Posted: Oct/19/2012 at 6:31pm
Just got my confirmation from Al at Control Freak that I am now an official dealer for their suspension parts AND that the American front suspension system bugs have been worked out so we are all set to go on Americans from here forward. Now that I can offer both Control Freak front and rear suspension setups, I will aslo be biting the bullet and ordering enough inventory to maximize the Caltracs discount so for those of you who have been patiently waiting for a better price on Caltracs than you can get on your own, we will be contacting each of you as well.

So if anyone wants a Control Freak setup or Caltracs for a Rebel, Ambo, AMX American or Jav, please feel free to contact me for a good deal on these suspension parts. My email is d_curtis@q.com or here on the forum for a PM although my forum PM box seems to fill up pretty fast these days.

Now that the dealer status is confirmed, I will be putting one of their setups in the 69 American 2 door post racecar I am building for next seasons....fun stuff.

Edited by amx39068 - Oct/19/2012 at 6:37pm
Dan Curtis-Owner and CEO AZ AMC Restorations; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amcmusclecars/ & Curtis Real Estate Development
wcamp70 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wcamp70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/19/2012 at 7:33pm
What bugs on the American setup? I have their front setup on my American but it is not on the road yet. I just recently received a new set of springs from Al, was that the problem? Thanks, Jeff
70 AMX 360 5speed
68 American 401 200r4 auto
AMO #5013
348AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 348AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2012 at 5:36pm
So does the American suspension also replace trunnion AMX suspensions?

I was just on their website and I didnt realise how much AMC stuff they are making WOW!!! They even sell subframe connectors! A lot of people are going to be interested in getting rid of the trunnions so I bet a lot of the trunnion conversion kits will sell a lot. Looks like all those parts are reversible too...

Also you should ask them if they can incorporate 2 piece crossmember in their AMX suspensions to allow for oil pan removal with the engine bolted in.
amx39068 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amx39068 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/21/2012 at 5:42pm
They have an AMX kit that I believe has been around for a while. Will ask Al about the drop out center crossmember. I am sure they can make that up without too much difficulty if they do not already have it.
Dan Curtis-Owner and CEO AZ AMC Restorations; Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amcmusclecars/ & Curtis Real Estate Development
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic