TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Tool Time tool review and eval area
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Guess This Tool's Purpose

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigbad69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2012 at 8:32am
Originally posted by vinny vinny wrote:

Maybe time for a eureka moment and compare the weight of it to the weight of the water it displaces?

If it's lighter than a duck, it must be a witch. Wink

Edited by bigbad69 - Aug/25/2012 at 8:33am
69 Javelin SST BBO 390 T10
Wrambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/26/2012 at 9:11pm
We have the same scoop shape from a different maker pulled from our cabin built in 1928-1932.
It is way better than the "new" ones.

IIRC, the design is meant to allow the building of the cone/tower shape popular back in "the day".

My other favorite is my Klein bottle opener! ( just because Clap ) Beer

Edited by Wrambler - Aug/26/2012 at 9:13pm
Wrambler
69 AMC Rambler
4.0L, 5 speed
2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
2019 Chrysler 300
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 6:34am

Maybe time for a eureka moment and compare the weight of it to the weight of the water it displaces? 

Unless it is like one we have which is hollow in places............... We've got a scoop that has a hallow handle and the scoop part has a chamber connected to the handle. Years ago it had a liquid in it which helped keep the scoop part warm - your hand on the handle warmed it just enough, and the movement kept semi-warmer fluid in the scoop. It was great until a few years ago when their sealing process at the top end of the handle must have failed and the fluid just sort of disappeared. Never saw a trace of it, just realized one day it was gone.

There are different methods of using aluminum for such things - we have aluminum pans, for example - probably 30+ years old. No oxidation except in places where their treatment has started to fail - then only if run through the dishwasher and if they don't rinse well or get dried quickly enough. I'm sure if I thought about it I could come up with other aluminum things we have in the kitchen and have not oxidized over the years and look still decent.

That scoop may well be aluminum, or an alloy. There are a lot of aluminum products made for/used in the kitchen, so I'd not count aluminum (or some form thereof) out just yet.
69 ambassador 390 View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 69 ambassador 390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/27/2012 at 10:37am
Originally posted by bigbad69 bigbad69 wrote:

If it's lighter than a duck, it must be a witch. Wink

It can't be a witch! Everybody knows that withces are made of wood.  Throw it it in the lake and if it doesn't float, it's not a witch.
Steve Brown

Algonac, Mi.

69 Ambassador sst 390

84 Grand Wagoneer

69 Cougar XR7

65 Fairlaine 500XL

79 F-350 Super Camper Special

Wrambler View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wrambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/31/2012 at 8:24am
I Was looking at ours last night.
It has no maker name or promo, nothing.
The only writing reads "Shortening and Ice Cream scoop"
So the answers may be partially incorrect due to the lack of mentioning shortening Shocked
Wrambler
69 AMC Rambler
4.0L, 5 speed
2015 Grand Cherokee Limited
2019 Chrysler 300
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic