TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

10th Anniversary Colorado Scramble - Event Date: Jul/25/2012 - Jul/27/2012

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1badcj8 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: 10th Anniversary Colorado Scramble
    Posted: Mar/29/2012 at 1:30pm
It’s getting close to that time of year again. This years Colorado Scramble will be the 10th annual as well as the 10th anniversary and will be held in Leadville, CO. I had no idea I’d be living here when this was selected but Leadville is in a beautiful Alpine setting being the highest incorporated City in the US at 10,200ft. above sea level. As always it will be in the last part of July on July 25th, 26th and 27th.

We will once again have our Pic-Nic on Friday afternoon as a final send off for all of those attending. Last year was the first year to have the meal catered and it went off rather well. I have not had a chance to find a local place that can do that so I’m not sure if we will do that again or not. It may be back to a cook out style Pic-Nic.

There are a few different places to stay here in Leadville. The summers here are mild and nice so it is a fairly busy in the summer, making reservations in advance is highly recommended. As always you want to pack for summer and early spring as Colorado’s high country can get cool to cold, while not common you always have a chance of snow at any time. Long time residents here tell me that last year they had snow high in every month of the year.

We will run a variety of trails from Easy to Moderate to slightly difficult, as always. Some will include Halfmoon Road, Birdseye Gulch, Mt. Zion and part of Mosquito Pass to name a few possibilities. These may change a little according to snow melt and the scouting of others.

For info on Leadville you can look here:
http://www.leadville.com/
there is a fair amount of info listed there. You can also look for lodging there using their lodging calculator that will include a stay at one of the local motels or house and condo rentals. I find that a couple of the house-by-night rentals to be fairly reasonable, especially if you want more than one room.

Also located on Leadville.com is a listing of all the motels here at 
http://www.leadville.com/lodging/hotels-motels.asp all at different price levels of course. I have not been in the Delaware Hotel but hear it is pretty nice! As always I very much look forward to seeing everyone and seeing new folks as well. Please post up your intent to attend whether for sure or hopeful. See you all this summer… I cant wait WOOT.

To see what its all about please visit http://www.coloradoscramble.com

This is absolutly not a spam. I've been holding the even for the last 9 years, found your site and thought there may be a Scrambler owner or two that might be interested!

Edited by 1badcj8 - Mar/29/2012 at 1:33pm
SEdmonds View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SEdmonds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/29/2012 at 9:37pm
Thanks for posting.  We indeed have some CJ folks here - hope they can make what sounds like a really great event.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic