TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

screw holes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FuzzFace2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/25/2008 at 6:36am
When it get a little warmer here and the Dr says I can lift stuff (hurt my back) I will check in the shed as that is where the door is the PO changed it out and it does have the sticker on it.
IIRC door on the car now does not have a stickerUnhappy and finding any thing else is boutful as the PO also changed out the rug and more so a lot has been done and can not say for sure what is right or wrong for the year.
Dave ----
prostreetamx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prostreetamx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2008 at 10:42am
My December built Donohue had the front fender extension brace and only 1 rear marker light cover in the trunk. The passenger side marker had the larger hole for the shield to be bolted on with a seperate nut. The drivers side fender had been replaced with a NOS one at some point, long before I got the car. I ended up replacing the passenger side fender with one without the brace. Later 71 up Javelins had covers on both sides.
Richard Payne

Las Vegas,NV

72 5.7 Hemi Javelin

77 Prostreet 401/727 AMX,

[/URL]
6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/26/2008 at 11:30am
I would weld the holes shut, then find a way to get at the back side to rust proof it or undercoat it. I welded up some holes on my 68 Rogue, and forgot to do something to the back of one area. It bubbled up in a couple of years from corrosion starting on the back, where I had burned off all the surface treatments meant to stop rust. I cut out the 4 inch square section, welded in a new section, and painted and undercoated the back side. Now it appears to be a permanent repair.
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic