TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Transmission & Drivetrain
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Model 20/Moser Axle kits/model 20

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote matty 401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2016 at 7:00pm
my son got a set of one piece axles from doctor diff they seam to be a very nice piece went in no problem they are a 1 size fits all just measured his and trimmed off what we did not need 
72 matador 401 the beast
79 concord 2 door
72 matador 304 grasshopper
68 Rogue 406
93 Cherokee 4.0 5 speed

jpnjim View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpnjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2016 at 9:39pm
I ordered 35 spline Dana 60 shafts from Moser 10-15 years ago, (B-body Dodge D60)
and they must think the Mopar guys can measure better than the AMC guys because they didn't ask me to send my old shafts for that axle.
But yes, both shafts were off from my dimensions,
they worked anyway, but I remember being surprised that their machine shop couldn't measure as close as I could with a tape measure.

Oh well,
the shafts have held up to everything I've thrown at them without a whimper,
so what's a couple 1/8's of inches Big smile
71 P-code 4spd Javelin/AMX
some Jeeps and some Fords
Airdrie AMX View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Airdrie AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/11/2016 at 10:35pm
I don't understand why moser is still insisting people send there old axles in, I have ordered multiple sets of these without any problem. I always dealt with Shane, not sure if he is still with moser but he is well versed with AMC axles. The measurement needed was simply length of axle from splined end to flange end wheel mounting surface and bolt pattern. I always have them made a little long, the splines are always cut further up the axle so they can be trimmed to length.
72 amx javelin 401 4spd
Hollywood View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2016 at 3:37pm
I have recently noticed a notice in my rear right side backing up or turning tightened lugs new tires. BRAKES LOOK GOOD ?   1968 AMX go pac 4 speed!
Hollywood View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/05/2016 at 3:38pm
Making almost like a grinding sound!
7172AMX View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 7172AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2023 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by needafasterAMX needafasterAMX wrote:

I used the tapered bearings in my rear and not the green bearings like most use.

Faster, Reviving this per your tapered bearing comment. I don't know if you can speak to the DrDiff version of the axle swap which I'm thinking on doing but if you can pass along any details how it worked out I'd be interested and grateful.
thanks!

GoPacKman
71 JavAMX 401 T-10 354TG
72 JavSST 360 727 315TG
98 Jeep Cherokee Classic 4.0 4WD
Repsolroger View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Repsolroger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/23/2023 at 9:42pm
I used Dr differential 1 piece axles...on my model 20 ...just had to cut them to length
1969 sst javelin restomod
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic