TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2012 Hangover Nationals

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ohio AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2012 Hangover Nationals
    Posted: Jan/01/2012 at 4:15pm
For the second straight year rain dominated the annual Hangover Nationals held at Dragway 42. Since I sold my Cherokee this year, for the first time I entered the 2WD class with the Sport Wagon. And while most other racers were trying to slow down to run near the 20.12 dial-in, I was running as fast as I could (with very limited traction) clocking 23-second runs on the wet track!

I won the first round beating a Roadmaster wagon which broke out by several seconds. That driver was either clueless or a cheater because he went back to the staging lanes to run again after being eliminated! I didn't care enough to say anything but that decision came back to haunt me when I was picked for the bye run in round two. After most of the 2WD cars ran I was waved back in line to run against a minivan since there was now an "extra" car in the class. So I went out in round two, losing a bye run! Oh well, it's all in fun, could the Sport Wagon be the FIRST AMC drag raced in 2012! Big smile
1940 Hupmobile Skylark
1968 Javelin future Pro Street
1969 AMX 290/auto (first car)
1997 Dodge SS/T 5.9L
AMO# 983
Roadmaster View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roadmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2012 at 8:20pm
Well let me tell you that  I am not clueless nor am i a cheat! If you look at the timing sheet you will see that I was 19 seconds at the 1000 foot mark and when we crossed the finish line I was going 16 seconds so it is pretty clear that the time system had some thing blow threw the finish line  way before I got there! I went to the tower and showed them the timing sheet and they agreed that it was wrong and told me to get back in line for the next round. So I did not screw you out of anything. You should have never made it out of round 1. Dude you were 5 seconds of your dial in that round you ran a 25.50 So how can that be my fault? Oh by the way I won the race so not bad for being clueless! Been bracket racing for over 20 years so if you feel cheated say when and where and how much and lets have a rematch, but don,t talk crap behind my back to make yourself look good on here.   Ron Hagar
Ohio AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ohio AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/03/2012 at 9:40pm
Wow Ron, how'd you find this post? LOL I only know what the slip says: breakout on your side and winner on mine. Oh well, blame the equipment I guess. No big deal, as stated I just go for fun. Too bad I brought such a slow car this year!
1940 Hupmobile Skylark
1968 Javelin future Pro Street
1969 AMX 290/auto (first car)
1997 Dodge SS/T 5.9L
AMO# 983
Hurst390 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hurst390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/04/2012 at 12:16pm
Big smile Thats 1 serious hangover nationals!!!
SC/Hurst Rambler

11.62 120

100% Street Legal
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic