TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Body/Interior
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Rare 70' Javelin Vinyl Roof?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mramc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2016 at 5:50pm
Ok, Above is the 1970 factory photo of the new 1970 Javelin with the half vinyl Landau roof. So, we can end the idea that it was NOT factory. It was factory. Since the the 1970 Javelin roof did not change from the 1968-1969 Javelins the AMC factory would had all the trim parts to make either style vinyl roof. I don't really recall seeing many of the half vinyl Landau roofs on the 1970 Javelins myself. My guess is the half vinyl did not go over that well, as you see both on 1970 Javelins. I'm guessing it then being "THE (insert word here) SPECIAL" , as more a marketing move. My 1970 file in my file cabinet is about 3 inches thick, so I may have more on the subject but it takes time to go threw every thing. This just what I pulled out of the press kits. LRDaum
LRDaum
ramblinrev View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ramblinrev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2016 at 6:32pm
Larry:

Do me a favor. Google "1970 AMC Javelin", click on 'images', and then count how many half-vinyl roofs there are vs. full vinyl roofs. It's not a hunch, it's just a fact that almost all '70 Javelins that came with factory vinyl roofs were the 'new' 'landau' style roof. They went over very well!
74 Hornet Hatchback X twins (since 1977)
62 American Convertible (still worth the $50 I spent in 1973!) AMCRC #513, AMO #384
70 AMX 360 4-speed (since 1981)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic