TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Member Projects
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

1968 Javelin SST

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/25/2011 at 6:43am
Originally posted by mopar63 mopar63 wrote:

a  6 cylinder Javelin eh ?, daily drivers don't get much better than that mateThumbs Up

My first Jav was a 1968 base model 232 3 speed stick. Can't get much more base model than that, but wow, was it a fun little car. It would hold its own against a lot of "other cars" too.
Being really light didn't hurt - but it didn't help in Iowa winters, either. So I kept the Rambler for winters - it was heavier and had a limited slip rear.
I had to put "traction bars" on the jav it was so light, and wheel-hopped so bad. After than I could lay black marks all the way across our main 4-lane - much to the dislike of all the cops and neighbors. Those radials were really loud when doing that.
Sold it to my brother for 200 bucks with 120,000 on it, and he later sold it for a grand.
Kiver View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/30/2018 at 3:43pm
So..... This project got put to the side due to kids keeping me busy with sports (hockey seems to be year round for our family) and a lack of money from ice dues and schooling them.  My son is now 11 and he is so into cars.  I told him we would start working on this this summer with the hopes of at least getting it running.  This kid was eagerly waiting for me when I got home, so I put him to work.  We pulled her out the other day and took a look.  Hooked up a new battery and hoped for the best.  The ALT and OIL lights came on but no start. I pulled out the starter and had it bench tested.  There was no flow going through it so we ordered a new one and hope to put it in later tonight.  That was one heavy starter, maybe she can be rebuilt.  Also put a temporary battery terminal on it as the old one was in very bad shape.  I'll post up later if there is any progress
Kiver View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kiver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2018 at 2:12pm
Threw a new starter in and nothing.   Could be the hook up. There is a bolt in the back that is
different. I’m at camp now I will research and get back to it when I get back home
232jav3sp View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 232jav3sp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun/01/2018 at 8:23pm
You need to check you starter solenoid. It's either bad or no ignition sense is getting to it from the ignition switch.

Great to see another 232 Javelin on here! Mine is a 70. She cookie as yours (mosport green). I upgraded to a 5 speed, 4bbl and e few other things.

Edited by 232jav3sp - Jun/01/2018 at 8:26pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic