TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Lounge Area > Upcoming Shows and Events
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

2009 AMO St. Louis, MO

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70MarkDonohue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2009 AMO St. Louis, MO
    Posted: Jul/12/2007 at 1:09am
Gateway AMC is hosting our third AMO show in 2009.

We had shows in 1989 & 1999. in a park.
Right now it's going to be on july 18-21, 2009.

Host Hotel: Holiday Inn, Collinsville IL
Show Field: Collinsille Gateway Center www.gatewaycenter.com

This is a indoor convention facility won't be room for all cars.

Additional information to come.

Edited by Mountainmoron - Jul/12/2007 at 5:56am
Gremx401 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gremx401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/12/2007 at 9:21am

I hope we have room..........

Or thats going to suck.
70MarkDonohue View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70MarkDonohue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2007 at 1:53am
EST: 100 cars inside, venders and other cars outside.
Mountainmoron View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountainmoron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2007 at 3:07am
Is inside vs. outside going to be determined on a first come/first served basis?
'69 AMX 390EFI, AMO #9412
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70MarkDonohue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/13/2007 at 3:38pm
we or talking about that, it would be a way to get people to preregister?

AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountainmoron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2007 at 12:41am
Most definitely! Preregistration at AMO in Denver seemed to have caused the organizers some grief. It's pretty difficult to plan for things on a large scale when you don't know until the day of the event how many people are actually going to show up.
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 70MarkDonohue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2007 at 3:29am
I've talk to some of you colorado guys about the problems they had and were putting them in wrighting to send to me to help us in 09. I my have been talking to you BOB or JEFF
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountainmoron Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/14/2007 at 5:17am

Two problems that the AMO folks mentioned was the number of folks who didn't preregister, and the number of those who previously agreed to be judges but didn't show up when it came time to judge the cars.

Still, AMO did a great job of making sure things went off without a hitch, but (at least with the judges) it seems inconsiderate that people didn't follow through.
cmyamc View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmyamc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/16/2007 at 4:54am

Pre-reg. does help in determend the amount of space that you are needing for the show & dinner tickets. A lot of food suppliers request that they have a total at least a week or two before the dinner. Clubs will add a few dinners to the amount of pre-reg. but not to many.

About people that sign up for judging then do not show up and they have a car on the field should have 2 points dedcted from their score in my opinion, but if we did that we would not have anybody signing up to do the judging.

I run myself to death out there in Denver verifing that all the cars were judged and we had some judges that had to work 2 or 3 classes of stock & non-stock and some of those classes were really big.

So if you coment to judge please do so the more people the faster it gets done and more time those people have to enjoy the show as well.

Because I didn't, I was to busy helping out all the judges.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic