TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > Dealerships - Nash, Hudson, Rambler, AMC, Jeep > Dealership Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

I cant find info on this dealer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gremlinamc1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I cant find info on this dealer
    Posted: Aug/03/2010 at 3:07pm
im having a hard time finding a dealer that use to be here in texas, beaumont. the only thing i have is the decal on the back of the car

im trying to type up a window sticker but can't find any information on this dealership.

the only dealership i can find listed in beaumont, was Dub Gibbens AMC/Jeep, not sure if they bought Utitz American INC. out or what. any help?

1970 Gremlin 232, 1974 Gremlin, 1977 Gremlin X, 1977 Gremlin X, 1979 Spirit DL,
El Matador View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote El Matador Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2010 at 3:36pm
Try something like www.411.com to see if you can track down any members of the Utitz family.  With an uncommon name like that, it might give you some useful results.
1972 Matador 2 door
1980 Concord 4 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1980 Eagle 2 door
1987 Eagle 4 door
Gremlinamc1975 View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gremlinamc1975 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/03/2010 at 4:20pm
FOUNT IT.. on the back of my owners manual.... im gonna post in the lost dealership project.

1970 Gremlin 232, 1974 Gremlin, 1977 Gremlin X, 1977 Gremlin X, 1979 Spirit DL,
SubbieStar View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SubbieStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 3:26pm
Utitz American was located on 11th Street in Beaumont (where Boomtown Furniture showroom is) that was the dealership.  It was on the same side as Gibson's Discount Center ( now American Bedroom) on the far end of 11th Street.  They did sell out to Dub Gibbens when he took over in early '76 from David Taylor Buick ( where Classic Chevrolet is currently on Eastex Frwy in Beaumont).  Dub Gibbens at the time had been with Rambler (Thibodeaux, Louisiana) and bought got the Buick franchise when David Taylor took over Cadillac in Houston in late 1975.   
SubbieStar View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SubbieStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov/04/2010 at 3:30pm
Also, Utitz American bought out Jimmie Himmel Rambler (dealership where St. Mark's Treasure House currently resides on Willow St in downtown Bmt).  I don't have alot of information about Utitz American besides old ads in Beaumont Enterprise Newspapers for their advertisements......you can look alot of the old ads up in the Beaumont Public Library (micro-film) and print them off.  It was about or around 1970-71 when Utitz American moved to 11th Street.
dltowers View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dltowers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2013 at 9:15am
Hello, I also am trying to find out information on an old AMC Dealer in Sherman, Texas.
The Dealer was Hooker Motor Company, 1301 South HWY 75, Sherman, TX, 75090.
I bought a brand new 1974 Javelin from this dealer, now I am restoring the car, and would
like information.
I do know that Hooker sold out in late 70's/early 80's.
I found documents back to 1981 that list Red River AMC/Jeep, but nothing earlier.
If you have, or know how I can research for old AMC Dealerships, I would appreciate your help.
My email: mailto:dufflebag51@aol.com - dufflebag51@aol.com
RASelkirk View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RASelkirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan/30/2013 at 8:13pm
Cool. Cool I've been in the Beaumont area since '75 and vaguely remember Dub Gibbons, but not "Utitz" (bet those kids caught heck in school).

Russ
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic