TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > Dealerships - Nash, Hudson, Rambler, AMC, Jeep > Dealership Project
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Any way to tell where my car was originally sold?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Any way to tell where my car was originally sold?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmcAmx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/09/2010 at 10:22pm
FWIW Florida has a site that you can look up VIN / Title numbers and it will give the following info:

Vehicle Identification Number:
Year/Make:
Previous Title State:
Registration Expiration Date:
Title:
Title Print Date:
Title Status:
Title Issue Date:
Odometer Reading/Status:
Odometer Date:
Color:
Vehicle Type:
Net Weight:
Owner Information: (number of owners)

I am not certain how far back it goes but my car is listed from the title being created back in 1983.

AmcAmx

Aljav View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Aljav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2010 at 12:03am
How can you tell with a build sheet? I have mine.

Allan
69 AMX 9.86 132 mph 71 JAV/AMX and 69 Javelin, .. NAMDRA member #1106
6768rogues View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6768rogues Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2010 at 8:38pm
New York only keeps records for about 10 years. I had a home built trailer with the registration renewal and I had not registered it in about 15 years. Even with the renewal document bearing the VIN assigned years ago, they would not renew it without the registration (lost) because they had purged their records. I had to go through the process of registering a home built trailer again.
Content intended for mature audiences. If you experience nausea or diarrhea, stop reading and seek medical attention.

Located usually near Rochester, NY and sometimes central FL.
AmcAmx View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmcAmx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/10/2010 at 10:33pm
Yea.. but the florida lookup is actually based upon TITLE and not registration.  Titles do not expire to my knowledge unless there is some sort of agreement between states and you re-title in another state, thus voiding the title in the previous state.  Not 100% sure on this tho.....

AmcAmx

ccowx View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccowx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/18/2013 at 12:18am
I would love to find the early history of my car. I can go back to 1986 with what I have but I am very curious as to who ordered the car and why.  I am pretty sure it was a dealer demo or something like, given a few clues from the car's history. 

BC, like many other places, has rules now about previous owner searches. Stupid in the case of a 40+ year old car, but there it is. Fortunately, I have friends in the insurance industry and also the RCMP,  so perhaps I might get somewhere.

Chris 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic