TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > American Motors Corp., its history and more. > Dealerships - Nash, Hudson, Rambler, AMC, Jeep > Dealership Project
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Cincy AMC Zone Office Pics Today

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Route 66 Rambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/03/2009 at 12:44am
Registered members of Route66Rambler.com(as opposed to the current forum at Forum.Route66Rambler.com) can upload pictures to the RustBucket on the site, click on the image galleries menu choice on the right, it's pretty straightforward, there are different galleries organized by the type of pictures that are in them, i.e. one for racing topics, various library categories like articles or advertisements, etc.  

Registered users can also create galleries.

I used to have a gallery installation attached to the forum as a photo host, but nobody really wanted to use it, and also there were sometimes software complications from two separate packages sharing the member list.  Just like I am now doing with the forum, the gallery has been moved to the main site at Route66Rambler.com because it has a native forum and native gallery as part of the software called a TikiWiki, in order to avoid those complications in the future.

So if they want to register at Route 66 Rambler, they can upload to existing galleries, or create a gallery if none of the existing ones fit the picture category.  There is a URL given for the picture, once uploaded, that you can copy, then use the image button on the forum, and paste the URL into the post.  You would still need to add the specific codes like width or clicky pics into the post yourself, though.

They're also welcome to email me any photos and info, and I can add them in the proper gallery and make the post if need be.  I will provide attribution credit in the post for the contribution.

Having said all that, it's probably easiest to just attach them to a post.  When you hit Reply or New Topic, and the editing post screen comes up, there is a + sign button at the lower left with "Additional Options" caption next to it.  If you click that choice, more options will appear, among them a box to attach files to your post, just like e-mail.  This will produce thumbnails within the post that will enlarge when clicked.

Edited by Route 66 Rambler - Sep/03/2009 at 12:52am
Nashin' & Thrashin'
ATLClassic View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ATLClassic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep/18/2013 at 12:07pm
We bought our first Rambler, 1966 Classic 550, 232, 3 speed, radio delete and no carpet, at a dealer in Hyde Park on the east side of Cincinnati.  I believe it was Hyde Park Motors and recall it was located on the SE corner of Edwards and Wasson, on the south side of the RR tracks.  We also bought a 1972 Hornet, 232, 3 speed with radio and carpet there.

Does anyone recall that dealer?
amxed View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amxed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar/28/2015 at 2:08pm
I do.My dad took me there when Williams Motors were doing a dealer swap of one of their cars for one of Williams.
Blaine
68&69 AMX 37 Nash Cabriolet
66 Rambler Conv.48 Willys Jeepster.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic