TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Competition > Drag Racing
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Anyone want to "guess" what my AMX will do the 1/4
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Anyone want to "guess" what my AMX will do the 1/4

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
Author
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote poormansMACHINE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/20/2009 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by 348AMX 348AMX wrote:

Well they are 275-60-15's  26" 

That's what's on the barge. Only difference is if you tossed them up to the ceiling they would probably stick there.LOL
billd View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Forum Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2009 at 7:13am
This I WANT TO SEE!
348AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 348AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug/21/2009 at 5:00pm
LOL! Me too, but I get ya on the stickyness factor..radial TA's arent very sticky.
AMXHUNGRY View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AMXHUNGRY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2009 at 5:46pm
I would say high 13's!! Port the heads, bigger cam, and a spacer plate for the AFB and I would say mid 12's!! try a 4.11 Lift Cam Let it breath
348AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 348AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct/02/2009 at 11:36pm

As fate would have it I let the registration run out on the AMX a few weeks ago so I wasnt able to get it to the track.  Today I started it up to back it out of the garage to take pics of the louvers I have for sale on ebay and the brake pedal went to the floor, I think a brake line popped!  YIKES what are the odds?! 

I was at 100 MPH with this beast on the highway last time I took it out a month ago...with no indication of brake problems...so I could have been dead or hurt someone else if I drove it the 90 miles to NED and I doubt the parking brake would have slowed me down in a panic situation!  WOW!! 

So have to say probably won't get it to the track this year...I am a little freaked out O guess it depends what it is, but I am going to replace all the rear lines since they are original..my guess is it was one of those. 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic