TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Perhaps a Different sort of CAM Q.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2020 at 7:03am
Originally posted by Trader Trader wrote:

Because at some point in life you find out that crawling under the hood is much less important and a lot harder, then taking a car out on the road/track and just having fun!

S O B!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I Did It AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! POOF, GONE!!!!!! I Don't KNOW What I'm Doing Wrong, other than Maybe Fat Fingering SOMETHING, I Don't Know, But an Hour & Half of TYPING, Went to Fill in All the Names that HELPED, and POOF, it was Gone Again! I WON't Be Trying to type this out Again though, Sorry. I Can't Take the Pain Involved in That!! I Belong to Other Groups the Automatically "SAVE" Something You're Working on until You Agree to Dismiss or Delete it, But I've NOT Been able to Find Anything like that here. Sad part is, I've NEVER Used the Feature on those Sites! LOLOL

OK, ALL Of You That Contributed, Whether REAL World Exp., or Other Wise, Insert Your Handle & Be THANKED from ME. SORRY.....

ME
Hogman
PHAT69AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PHAT69AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/08/2020 at 1:29pm
Yeah, I hear ya...  I copy, paste, and save what I type to a .txt file as I go, or just type it up first in a .txt file on my PC, save it, then copy and paste it into the forum and post it.

To each their own.  Always ran a hydraulic.  But If I was to do it over,
I'd run a solid for 'fun' and rpm, since it was and would be a 1k mile / year hobby street strip car.
Hogman View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/09/2020 at 2:42am
Yeah, Worst part is, I Don't Think this was the First Times I Did That, PROBABLY NOT The Last Either...........  

THANKS EVERYBODY!!!!!!! JUST WISH MY POSTS Would have worked out and I THINK it All would have made sense!!!!!!!!!!

ME
Hogman
jpnjim View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jpnjim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2020 at 1:42pm
Yeah,
this board is a little glitchy, and my phone is old and glitchy,
so if I spend more than a couple minutes typing it up here,
I highlight it, and hit "copy" on my phone before hitting send.

Hydrolic vs solid,
a solid cam is bragging rights, a cooler tictictictictic sound as it runs, lets people know you might have something going on under the hood, and gives you something else to do under the hood when your done setting your dwell, checking your oil and reading your plugs.

If you are running an electronic ignition, and think the hood should be closed more than open,
there's no reason for solids on a mild street car (IMHO).

(highlight, copy... post reply)
71 P-code 4spd Javelin/AMX
some Jeeps and some Fords
Hogman View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/10/2020 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by jpnjim jpnjim wrote:

Yeah,
this board is a little glitchy, and my phone is old and glitchy,
so if I spend more than a couple minutes typing it up here,
I highlight it, and hit "copy" on my phone before hitting send.

Hydrolic vs solid,
a solid cam is bragging rights, a cooler tictictictictic sound as it runs, lets people know you might have something going on under the hood, and gives you something else to do under the hood when your done setting your dwell, checking your oil and reading your plugs.

If you are running an electronic ignition, and think the hood should be closed more than open,
there's no reason for solids on a mild street car (IMHO).

(highlight, copy... post reply)

YEPPER, I Follow You 100%!
It's Kinda Like an Old Buddy of Mine did Back In The Day, He ACTUALLY Pulled a Small Vac. Hose OFF, & Gave it a Somewhat Lumpy Idle, (More erratic than lumpy to be honest! LOL) & was BARELY Able to Keep it Running at an Intersection Light, In Gear of Course! He B.S.'d EVERYBODY About How He Threw a HUGE Cam in his car in a Little Over an Hour when Someone Asked him How Come it was So Lumpy SOUNDING Now, when earlier, it was normal! I Laughed my BUTT Off Every Time He told the Story! Just goes to Prove, sometimes, Sounds CAN Be Deceiving!  LOLOL
Oh, I'm a closed Hood kinda Guy. There is Not One chunk of Chrome in the engine Bay.........  LOL
THANKS for the Post jpnjim

ME

Hogman
Buzzman72 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Buzzman72 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/11/2020 at 9:24pm
Your mention of no chrome under the hood reminds me of what my granddad, a lifelong mechanic, asked my brother when he owned his first Gremlin. My brother had bought a set of Cragas S/S mags for his 232-powered ride, When he was showing them off to Granddad, Granddad, took a good look, spit some tobacco juice, and asked, "And how much faster do they make it run?"
Buzzman72...void where prohibited, your mileage may vary, objects in mirror may be closer than they appear, and alcohol may intensify any side effects.
Hogman View Drop Down
AMC Nut
AMC Nut

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hogman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul/12/2020 at 6:48am
Originally posted by Buzzman72 Buzzman72 wrote:

Your mention of no chrome under the hood reminds me of what my granddad, a lifelong mechanic, asked my brother when he owned his first Gremlin. My brother had bought a set of Cragas S/S mags for his 232-powered ride, When he was showing them off to Granddad, Granddad, took a good look, spit some tobacco juice, and asked, "And how much faster do they make it run?"

and Mine, was, the OLD Saying, CHROME DON'T Getcha HOME!  LOLOLOL I Don't Know WHY, But I've NEVER Been a Chrome Guy, Especially UNDER HOOD Chrome. I've Had, (MANY Years ago Mind You) Some Decent Hot Rod Stuff, and NEVER Even THOUGHT About CHROME Under the Hood. The Closest I Got, was My Old GTX, That a Guy had a TON Of Chrome Goodies he'd Taken Off His 383 Magnum, and Was ALMOST Giving them to Me, But I Held Fast, and said, No Thanks LOLOL
I've Had Quite a Few Different Harley's Over the Years, & Two of them, Had an Excess of Chrome, Which I Removed & Gave Away. Just Not In to it I Guess........  LOL

Thanks for the Reply of GREAT Mammories 72! I Enjoy going BACK, Sometimes, THIS Was One of Those Times!!!!! I Don't normally go back thinking about Past Vehicles, BUTT, I Did REALLY Enjoy Thinking back to the GTX! That Thing Was CRAZZZZZY!!!!!!!!

ME
Hogman
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic