TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Tool Time tool review and eval area
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Nicholson 9 Piece Hand File Set with Ergonomic Han
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Nicholson 9 Piece Hand File Set with Ergonomic Han

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nicholson 9 Piece Hand File Set with Ergonomic Han
    Posted: Apr/06/2020 at 1:50am
Several years ago my friend Matt bought this exact 9-piece set of Nicholson files on Amazon for $83.00. Since I have a nice Snap On set and several individual files I've picked up over the year I didn't really think I needed nine more, but I saved the link and have watched them for years thinking maybe someday I'll just buy a set. I have a Nicholson Diamond Cut file that I used at school getting my Precision Machining degree. I love it because it cuts in both directions instead on only one like most files are designed to do. Anyway that file is still sharp, so I know Nicholson makes quality products.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001T4K1O6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Long story short I looked last week and Amazon had lower the price to $59.99 for the set of nine files so I jumped on a set and sent the link out to all my machine shop and motorhead friends incase they needed a set too. If your in the market for a nice set of files I don't think you'll ever find this quantity or quality at this price again.

Happy shopping,

Tom
Molnar Technologies Full Service Dealer - Crankshafts & Connecting Rods

1969 AMC Rambler Rouge Race Car
1974 AMC Hornet Hatchback, Wally Booth Outlaw Nostalgic Pro Stock Race Car Project
6PakBee View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 6PakBee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2020 at 7:25am
Appreciate the heads up. Thumbs Up  Just ordered a set.  The files I inherited from my Dad are getting long in the tooth and this looks like an excellent replacement.
Roger Gazur
1969 'B' Scheme SC/Rambler
1970 RWB 4-spd Machine
1970 Sonic Silver auto AMX

All project cars.

Forum Cockroach
Steve_P View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted
Charter Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/06/2020 at 8:17am
I clicked on that and Amazon said I bought it in 2010 . I believe that all Nicholson is imported now so I'm not sure if the quality is as good as the old USA made ones, but for ~$7 each, the price is right. Those handles are awesome- I had to buy them for the rest of my files.
PROSTOCKTOM View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PROSTOCKTOM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr/10/2020 at 6:49pm
Well I guess between my purchase, those of the guys on here, and whoever else bought them caused Amazon to bump the price back up to $83.99. Sure glad I got a set when they were cheaper.

Tom
Molnar Technologies Full Service Dealer - Crankshafts & Connecting Rods

1969 AMC Rambler Rouge Race Car
1974 AMC Hornet Hatchback, Wally Booth Outlaw Nostalgic Pro Stock Race Car Project
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic