TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > Electrical - non engine
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

Reassembling wiring and dash

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mobilematt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Reassembling wiring and dash
    Posted: Feb/24/2020 at 12:02pm
Purchased two weeks ago 71 and 72 Javelin AMX'S. One is a stripped roller, other is the body cut off the chassis and the front clip. Have all the parts for two cars but what a nightmare finding and going through these parts. Guy I bought from just threw parts in boxes without labeling. Cars and parts have been sitting for years. I paid $7000 for these cars and I am worried about being able to put it all back together. About seven years ago I had a 70,74, and another 74 Javelin and a 67 Marlin. Was living in a secluded area up by Yosemite Nat Park. Had some major life problems and in my haste, sold these cars. Am heart broken about selling these cars especially the Marlin. Sorry to ramble everybody.
Need to find an exploded view drawing for all of the dash component's and how they bolt up, for the amx's I just bought. Any ideas would be helpful.

Thank You,
mobilematt
Trader View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trader Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2020 at 1:05pm
Your best first buy would be the TSM of the car/year you choose to build. The TSM should have enough illustrations so you can figure out what goes were.
This is one source:
Your going to need this for everything else, so may as well be the first purchase.
The topic has been discussed:
rsrguy3 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsrguy3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2020 at 6:11pm
Originally posted by Trader Trader wrote:

Your best first buy would be the TSM of the car/year you choose to build. The TSM should have enough illustrations so you can figure out what goes were.
This is one source:
Your going to need this for everything else, so may as well be the first purchase.
The topic has been discussed:

Trader is absolutely dead on. I also have a full figured car and I've just bought a TSM for the coming work. I'd like to add a couple of thoughts. 
Mine is a reprint (complete with photo copied fingerprints) you may want to try to find an original. 

I'm not that excited about the quality of the photos, so yes I would also like some quality photos of the same subject.. Wiring, structure, venting as well as cables and routing for the hvac system.

This would be a great place for everyone to dump their repair and resto pics as a TSM supplement. 
javguy
Greyhounds_AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Greyhounds_AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2020 at 6:23pm
If you want to find the best diagrams of how it all goes together, look at the illustrations section of the parts book.

I've scanned them in for everyone to use. 

Here's the 73-78 parts book:
I would download them as it's faster that way.

The 68-72 parts book is here:

1968 AMX 390 w/T5
rsrguy3 View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rsrguy3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/24/2020 at 7:39pm
Me likey
javguy
4015spdJavAMX View Drop Down
Supporter of TheAMCForum
Supporter of TheAMCForum

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4015spdJavAMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/26/2020 at 2:56am
Great stuff, thanks for doing that!
1972 Jav-AMX 401 4-speed....T56 next?
1970 AMX 390 auto, now 5-speed
1970 AMX 390 4-speed, stock
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic