TheAMCForum.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Garage > AMC V8 Engine Repair and Modifications
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Click for TheAMCForum Rules / Click for PDF version of Forum Rules
Your donations help keep this valuable resource free and growing. Thank you.

ATI 3 BOLT balancer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waltl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2020 at 7:43pm
I used a Chevy Big Block polished aluminum pulley. It was just a bit short and left the water pump (Edelbrock 8831) pulley out of alignment. 
Purchased Chevy pulley spacers, Quick Time RM-715. Added three thin spacers and problem solved. 
I can run the stock water pump pulley and the AM branded AM belt for PS alternator that the AMC vendors used to sell.

https://app.box.com/s/w4qtabigywzc23gewm0qtti78k5bm186

Edited by waltl - Feb/15/2020 at 7:58pm
Walt L.
PHAT69AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PHAT69AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/15/2020 at 10:24pm
Might anyone have a dimension of the height / thickness of a stock AMC Timing Chain Cover?
Rebel Machine View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rebel Machine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/16/2020 at 8:04am
Bull Tear made an aluminum pulley for me a few years back to fit my ATI balancer. They probably still have the CNC program.

Eventually I changed back to the stock AMC steel pulley but I had a machine shop cut the bolt pattern out of a BB Chevy pulley and weld it in the AMC pulley.

-Steve-

Jims69 View Drop Down
AMC Fan
AMC Fan

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jims69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/17/2020 at 6:22pm
I bought a balancer like you thinking the AMC pulley would work. I used a big block Chevy lower and had to basically make all the rest. I’m only running an alternator though nothing else.

Nor Cal CJ5 View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nor Cal CJ5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/18/2020 at 11:54am
Originally posted by PHAT69AMX PHAT69AMX wrote:

Might anyone have a dimension of the height / thickness of a stock AMC Timing Chain Cover?

4" in depth
Halvard View Drop Down
AMC Apprentice
AMC Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Halvard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2020 at 12:55am
Had the same problem a few years back. 
Modified what I think was Ford pulleys, but couldn't get them balanced. 

Went for the complete Bulltear aluminium serpentine conversion. 
As I have seen stated earlier: Great product, poor service. 
So when you finally receive it, you will be happy ;) 
PHAT69AMX View Drop Down
AMC Addicted
AMC Addicted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PHAT69AMX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb/20/2020 at 2:57pm
Nor Cal CJ5 - Thanks Cool
Now to find / get the dimensions for a '68-72 2-Groove # 319 3354 Water Pump / Fan Pulley
which is 6-1/4" Diameter x 2-5/16" or so 'deep'...
And I think only stamped with a single 'S' and not stamped with the part number, I think.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic